2Likes
  • 2 Post By ZMANN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-16-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Gauge Cluster Problem, Help please!

Hey everyone, I am new here, although I have lurked some. I have had my 2006 6.0 for about 4 years now.

So, with that being said, I have a major problem with the gauge cluster, I did some searching but cannot find exactly what I am looking for.

So I will make this short as I can, and thanks for reading.. Back in the start of summer I started getting the dreaded gauge cluster symptoms. Randomly going out while driving, windows and radio wont work, all that jazz. I had learned to live with it, until I could get it fixed. It was pretty sporadic. Maybe once every 2 weeks. Then it started doing it like every other 2 days. So one day I smacked the hell out of the dash and it worked fine, up until 2 weeks ago. Here is where the problem gets worse...

Yesterday, after driving for good 45 minutes I parked. Ok, lunchtime comes I go fire it up and the dash is blank, HOWEVER LIKE USUAL the dash lights were working, as I had my headlights on. THE ONE ISSUE WAS, the needles were not glowing.. so the truck "kicks into high idle" or at least thats what it sounded like, I put it in gear and its a rough CLUNK like not normal. So as I take off down the road, it would drop down in RPMS like it was running out of fuel, it would be fine for a few seconds then womp womp womp it dies down, but never shut off. About half a mile later all the dash flashes back on, HOWEVER this time the "tow/haul" flashed, it did not ever do that before, that I can recall. Please tell me someone has experienced this before?

Thanks guys and any gals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM

Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,762 Posts
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Quoted: 3929 Post(s)
tow haul flash means you have a transmission code

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZMANN For This Useful Post:
Slow6Oh (10-16-2019)
post #3 of 4 Old 10-16-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so since it has never done that except with this cluster being out, I am trying to figure out what exactly made it do that, because after the dash came back on, truck runs normal. It ONLY flashed the Tow Haul when the cluster lit back up, like 2 seconds and it was gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,762 Posts
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Quoted: 3929 Post(s)
i would want to read those codes
and if it was mine I would be calling a company like circuit board medics to discussed after I checked all my connectors including the two on top of the cluster and the transmission, abs module etc
bismic and jokester00 like this.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bad cluster , bad gauges , cluster going bad , cluster going out , rough running

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode