05 f350 6.0 another crank no start. Please help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 f350 6.0 another crank no start. Please help!

I've done tons of research read tons of threads over the last few months. The truck has about 160k miles on it. Stock except for the exhaust, new cold air intake, upgraded STC fitting and egr delete. So it all started a few months ago we had a high pressure oil leak we rebuilt the oil rails replaced dummy plugs and stand pipes did the blue spring upgrade. Replaced all 8 injectors and ficm harness. After all that it ran for a few weeks was hard to start, long cranking times but it ran good. Then the oil cooler was plugged/ruptured so we tore it down replaced that, put in a new radiator. And now it cranks but will not start. I'm not getting injector clatter unless I unplug the ICP then it will clatter, but still won't start. I have a scan gauge 2 and i have good icp all the ficm voltages are good. I have sycn. Haven't been able to test fuel pressure yet, adapter is on the way. Just bought a new ficm but I don't want to hook it up if it's not my problem. Also I should mention I have no codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Crap blocking the ipr ?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 25 Old 10-10-2019, 05:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
A FICM can be bad with good voltages.

What rpm are you getting when cranking?

Post ICP voltage along with ICP pressure ..... with KOEO and when cranking. Sometimes the ICP value looks fine, but the PCM is actually using an inferred value. If that is the case, the ICP sensor (or wiring, or both) is bad.

Edit - I agree w/ above on looking at the IPR, it may be partially clogged.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bismic; 10-10-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 10-10-2019, 06:08 AM

It sounds like a base oil pressure issue to me. To check that pull your oil filter housing and crank the engine while watching to see if oil comes up. It also could be the high pressure oil too or the icp or ipr valve.
From my knowledge, if you unplug the ICP senor and there is high pressure oil + fuel it will start. Assuming the injectors are working.
Hope this helps
post #5 of 25 Old 10-10-2019, 06:15 AM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
When you say you rebuild the oil rail are you talking about new cups and nipples?

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
post #6 of 25 Old 10-10-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes new cups and nipples. I can't check any values at the moment as the truck is tore apart. But before we tore it down I checked icp pressure and voltage and both were good. Also we replaced both the icp and ipr when we did all 8 injectors. Thinking the icp might be bad some how last weekend we bought a new icp and it made no difference. Haven't pulled the ipr yet but definitely planning to.
post #7 of 25 Old 10-10-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also I should mention it will start on starting fluid but dies immediately. I told my dad it's not a good idea, it's his truck I'm just trying to help him. I appreciate the replies. We got the new ficm and a pressure gauge today still waiting on the adapter. Will be working on it tomorrow after work
post #8 of 25 Old 10-12-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We pulled the ipr had some crap in the screen. Also tested fuel pressure koeo it goes to 60 psi but as soon as the fuel pump turns off it drops to 0. Is this normal? I would think it would hold pressure. Also when the fuel pump is on I'm hearing air suction coming from the fuel filter housing when the pump turns off it goes away. There's no fuel leaking and I can't feel any air but definitely hearing something.
post #9 of 25 Old 10-13-2019, 04:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
It is normal for fuel pump pressure to drop to zero when you turn the key off.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

post #10 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the brand new ficm made no difference, I was messing with the scan gauge and cranking it I noticed the oil pressure gauge wasn't moving while cranking, pulled the oil filter housing and the filter was bone dry, no oil in the housing. Pulled the front cover and the low pressure oil pump was bad, gears and the cover are all nicked and scratched. So we got a new cover plate and pump will be installing tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode