Join Date: Mar 2019
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 2005 6.0 with 198,000 miles. I recently started having VGT stick open at 85% at highway speeds, no load. I also had EOT reach ~220 at highway speeds within 15 minutes of driving. I hooked our ~6,000 lb ultra lite travel trailer behind it the other weekend, and quickly hit 240 with up to a 30 degree delta, at 55-65mph.
I just did the following repairs:
• New OEM Ford oil cooler 3C3Z-6A642-CA and gaskets/screen
• Cleaned and smoothed the turbo surfaces
• Replaced IPR valve mesh screen that was broken, replaced gaskets, and replaced IPR pigtail plug that was cracked.
• New CAC boots on hot side, replaced cracked plastic tube with steel tube and boots on cool side.
After putting everything back together, I’m getting a no start. I have low ICP pressure (225 max), FICM is 48v, IPR is 85% on crank, ICP voltage is .4v. With ICP unplugged, pressure is over 1,000, IPR is 51%, FICM is 48v. Here are the things I’ve checked:
• Put 2 qts oil in oil filter housing. Oil and coolant levels are good.
• Checked fuel bowl - full
• Oil filter housing fills with oil on crank
• Dummy oil pressure gauge goes up after a few seconds of cranking
• Unplugged/replugged oil pressure switch
• Unplugged ICP plug after a few no starts.
P0046 - new
P0197 - new
P0672 - new
P0674 - existing, GPCM tested normal when this showed up.
P2623 - I assume this is from having ICP unplugged.
EGR is deleted, new FICM, studded, OEM Head gaskets, blue spring upgrade, has Sinister coolant filter, all other parts are OEM. I use Zerex G-05 coolant, and Rotella T6 motor oil.
My batteries are 3 years old and after ~3 minutes of 15 second attempts, they aren’t charging higher than 11.9v, and I’m not really sure where to look next. I’m attaching pics of the scan readings from KOEO, on crank, and several seconds after crank. I’ve also attached trouble codes after putting everything back together. I’m a novice to repair work, but this forum has been a wealth of knowledge! I’m just up to the point that I don’t know how to proceed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by OleMissRbl; 07-09-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Reason: IÂ’m ignorant. I unplugged the wrong sensor in the first set of pics.