6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 is down and need some advice!

Okay so to start of my 2003 f250 6.0 has 305k stock head bolts, EGR delete, and the rest is completely stock. I was pulling a 8000lb skid steer up the highway about 70 when I heard a loud pop followed by a cloud of white smoke and the engine shut off on me. I got it to the side of the road when I got out I had lost atleast 1 gal of oil on the ground. There is oil all over the driver side engine and on the fire wall. But none in the engine valley or on the passenger side.

I am just trying to figure out some suggestions on what it could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.0 is down need some advice!

Also I forgot to add the oil isn’t milky and I had a fresh oil change about 200miles ago
post #3 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It sounds like when I blew my intercooler charge hose and the egr system fully crapped out on me. I was pulling 10k at 65 mph when I heard a loud pop! It was the cold side intercooler charge hose that had a hole blown in it from the turbo pressure while towing. The plastic charge hose is a bad engineering design if you ask me, as it gets weak over time. The transmission oil intercooler also failed all at the same time. I was only at 175k on the motor when that happened. I had to have it towed and after diagnostic found that the entire egr system and oil intercooler system failed. I ended up doing a full bulletproofing to the tune of $7k to get it back up and running. Hopefully it isn’t as drastic for you but it sounds like my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Please disregard.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.

Last edited by Sock Puppet; 04-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
being an 03 my first thought is the hpop and or orings
but that should have saturated the valley pretty good...
do you have a bpd oil cooler or anything that could offer hp oil a hose or something to rupture?
if it seems to be running from the back more than the front it may still be the hpop or something and it just found a way out before filling the valley?
from what you describe it sounds to me like it's hpo related
let me get my second cuppa and maybe the synapses will start to connect and i can be of more help otherwise here is a

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
oh and IF you wind up replacing the hpop which seems fairly likely to me at present
corey at cnc fab
terminator or
adrenaline...
ask me how i know

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 04-15-2019 at 08:18 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry, I missed that it was an '03.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode