• 1 Post By Master_Chase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-03-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 positive battery cable question

BLUF: Can anyone provide a good photo of the positive battery cable on the passenger side of a 2003.5+ with the 6.0?

I'm trying to correct what I can best call a "hack job" on my truck's battery cables. Apparently a previous owner didn't want to spend the money to replace the A to B positive battery cable (~$125 from Ford so I can sort of get this), so they cut the ends of several wires, crimped on new cable ends and, using a $5 Wal-Mart special positive battery cable, spliced everything together on the passenger side battery. It worked, but I suspect it caused issues with the cable over time. There is a section in the middle of the cable where it passes in front of the radiator that has become stiff and not pliable.
Anyway, the cable is shot and is being replaced with a factory part. My concern is that I don't have the necessary connections on the existing wire harness to install this new cable. Does anyone who owns a 2003.5 (or something close to that) with the 6.0 have a picture showing the wiring? Specifically I need a photo showing the section on the passenger side that connects to that battery's positive post, as well as a separate harness that appears to contain four different wires coming together as one that should plug into the positive battery cable. Hopefully this isn't too vague, particularly since as a new member I cannot post pictures yet (10 post minimum if I recall correctly), and really don't want to just throw a bunch of BS posts up to boost my post count. If I get to that point in the interim, I'll see if I can upload a photo of those wires. Additional info available as able. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I can get better pictures after work if needed but this is what I got right now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171103_125413.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	658546   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171103_125426.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	658554  

04 f250 sold.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Is this what you're looking for?

I did a wiring upgrade but these may still help you

Heavy_GD likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-03-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow... You guys know how to deliver. From what I'm seeing, looks like the first pic from Master_Chase has what I'm looking for. There are four grey wires that come together, but it looks like the PO replaced the end on that cable. Do you happen to know if that particular connector attached directly to the battery, or if it plugged into a pigtail that hangs off of the battery cable? (this would be easier if I could post pictures; sorry about that...)
post #5 of 6 Old 09-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
Is this what you're looking for?

I did a wiring upgrade but these may still help you

Wow!!! Just what I need! This looks like the positive terminal on the driverís side battery.

Where does the smaller cable go? I have a 2006 F250 with the 6.0 diesel and the batteries are constantly draining. This small cable is shorted to ground. When the batteries are fully charged, the drain is ~ 4A. Disconnecting this wire seems to kill everything.

Iíve traced the wire as best I can. It seems to go into a group that leads into the bottom of the fuse box thatís in the engine bay, just in front of the firewall on the driverís side. I canít check to see if the wire itself is shorted somewhere unless I can find the other end of it.

Whatís the problem??????
post #6 of 6 Old 09-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Wow!!! Just what I need! This looks like the positive terminal on the driverís side battery.

Where does the smaller cable go? I have a 2006 F250 with the 6.0 diesel and the batteries are constantly draining. This small cable is shorted to ground. When the batteries are fully charged, the drain is ~ 4A. Disconnecting this wire seems to kill everything.

Iíve traced the wire as best I can. It seems to go into a group that leads into the bottom of the fuse box thatís in the engine bay, just in front of the firewall on the driverís side. I canít check to see if the wire itself is shorted somewhere unless I can find the other end of it.

Whatís the problem??????
I think your talking about the one that runs to the interior fuse box under the steering wheel. IIRC it's only 4 bolts to remove it from the dash.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode