Truck (And Boyfriend) Problems. '07 6.0 ICP Sensor Stuff - Page 13 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 129 Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BastilaShan View Post
So after changing the crank sensor I drove around a few days without indecent, yesterday after driving it a while it lurch/sputtered when I braked,
Today it SHUT OFF when i stopped, crunk up just fine, drive it a bit, and it FREAKING SHUT OFF when I stopped again. I kept the RPMs high and got it home, the RPMs wanted to sway up and down even though I was steady on the gas.
Took it to a local guy just to see what he said. The conversation was like "ICP sensor? Did it. Crank sensor can... did it. You can clean the mass air flow sensor and... already did it. The fuel filters can... changed 'em...." he said he can look at it tuesday but I dunno.
I just don't know cowboys.
I need the truck running but it's wearing me out.

TL;DR truck shutting off when stopping, RPMS swaying up and down a bit. Wat do?
Fimc power side eady do it yourself. Get dorman power side at advance auto parts.
Use code trt30 online get 30% off buy online pickup in store. Bout 79 bucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,111 Times in 2,018 Posts
Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3119 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo_Slice View Post
What kind of moron runs out on a girl like this? She drives a diesel truck and works on it herself. And she smells like diesel. Whaaaaat.... That's the marrying kind right there.

Very true Kimbo... For others about to pile on, let's not derail this into a dating service thread.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 06-06-2016 at 06:59 AM.
post #123 of 129 Old 06-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Think the mechanic should have said something like lets hook it up to the computer for $100 diagnostic . Kind of sounds like he wants to throw parts at it starting with cheapest common fixes instead of troubleshooting. After all, good diagnostic tools are pricey especially if you can sometimes guess right.

The good shops will have diagnostic software so much better than our monitors, and if it passes, they will know to check the fuel system or whatever to fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 129 Old 06-13-2016, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Can somebody walk me through the process of changing the crank position sensor? Took it to an expensive mechanic he said it looks like the guy tried to jam it in without dropping the AC compressor so he broke it putting it in and I can't pay the $1,300 for them to replace it so I guess I'm towing it back (oh yea, did I mention it doesn't start now?) and just taking a swing at it myself. It's hard to find a video of someone doing this specific sensor on this specific truck.
post #125 of 129 Old 06-29-2016, 04:04 AM

Get it going
post #126 of 129 Old 06-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Wow, little lady you been though the ringer on this one. Hope you are back on the road and all is well by now.

Doug

2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles,
Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic.
Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner.
20K Reese 5th wheel hitch.
Mods. 4in. Silverline stainless steel exhaust
BD Diesel XMonitor
Bama ZooDad

35 HitchHiker
Is it time to go camping?

EX-USN
Doug
post #127 of 129 Old 06-30-2016, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 332 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
little late here but you don't need to touch the ac compressor to do the ckp. 1300$ is ridiculous.
i just can't wrap my head around the logic sometimes. i mean suspicions are great. but prove the damn thing out first before following through with it
WD40, john galt and Heavy_GD like this.

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo
post #128 of 129 Old 07-01-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaya View Post
little late here but you don't need to touch the ac compressor to do the ckp. 1300$ is ridiculous.
i just can't wrap my head around the logic sometimes. i mean suspicions are great. but prove the damn thing out first before following through with it
School some of us on how to change the CPS without removing the ac compressor, please.
Might need change mine out, sure beat sucking out freon , removing and replacing.
post #129 of 129 Old 07-01-2016, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 332 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
i believe the use of an 8mm quarter inch drive swivel socket makes it easier. that and just the right length extension. it has been awhile but i do recall not having to remove anything to swap. hardest part is disconnecting and reconnecting it, IIRC. not saying it's a fun job. but you can definitely get it in and out without removing anything
john galt likes this.

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode