My quest for (as close to 2008+ factory) fully functioning 08-12 power mirrors... - Page 59 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #581 of 591 Old 01-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i was thinking of putting a puddle light in the bottom of the mirrors and utilizing the memory wires for that. Anyone thought about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 591 Old 01-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i like this setup and i because of this my plan has changed.
post #583 of 591 Old 01-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've installed the 08+ mirrors on my truck and in the process of installing switches and wiring. Thought I read somewhere, maybe a different forum, about a template for the 08 style mirror switch, but can't seem to find the information now. I've been searching for a template to reduce the chances of over cutting the switch opening.

Has anyone found a template in the past?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 591 Old 01-29-2018, 12:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
I used info from this thread when I did my mirrors.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ock-parts.html
post #585 of 591 Old 01-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welove2drive View Post
I used info from this thread when I did my mirrors.
Thanks, I'm using information from that thread as well. I don't have the 08 bezel to trace a switch pattern to cut in my bezel. I thought I read someone had made a switch template, but I'm not having any luck finding any templates if they exist.

Thanks again for the link to the thread.
post #586 of 591 Old 01-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wanted to post an update to the installation of a '08 mirror switch in place of my '99 mirror switch. I looked for a template without success, but discovered a round circle works as a template. I measured the width of the '08 switch housing that sits below the bezel, best I remember it was 1 3/8". Cut the circle out of a piece of paper and then use it to choose the best placement over the existing cutout keeping the gaps in the bezel from the old switch equal distance to the circle. Mark around the circle and then cut the bezel. When I placed the '08 mirror switch into the enlarged hole, all gaps from the old switch are hidden by the mirror switch bezel.

Thanks for all the helpful information that made this project possible.
post #587 of 591 Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wanted to post an update to my mirror upgrade. I purchased mirrors from 1A Auto for this upgrade and used information from this thread to complete the project. While purchasing parts for this project, I emailed 1A Auto about my mirror upgrade and adding additional mirror features not installed on my truck. At one time, I considered removing the connector from the 1A Auto mirror to ease the wiring, but was advised by 1A Auto not to remove the connector from the mirror to maintain my warranty. I didn't remove the connector or modify the 1A Auto mirrors and made a connector from the instructions here. After my mirrors were installed and wired, the passenger mirror folds slower than the driver side mirror. I contacted 1A Auto to inquire if this was normal operation. Instead of answering my question, 1A Auto keeps responding that my warranty is void since I added additional wiring to my truck although I made no modifications to the 1A Auto mirrors. When I wired the mirrors, everything worked as planned the first time, there were no wrong connections.

The main purpose of this update is to give others a heads up that 1A Auto is voiding the warranty if you add features such as fold, heat, turn signals, etc that was not originally installed on your vehicle. The 1A Auto description states some features may not work correctly if not originally installed on the vehicle not the warranty will be void.
post #588 of 591 Old 09-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hey! i was reading over your guises diy type of installment and i was wondering how long the process took? im only asking cause im not very handy lol and dont want to take forever if i were to do it myself
post #589 of 591 Old 09-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyW View Post
hey! i was reading over your guises diy type of installment and i was wondering how long the process took? im only asking cause im not very handy lol and dont want to take forever if i were to do it myself

It took me a couple of days but I took my time. I also used the matching plugs for the 06 harness. I have plenty of extra matching plugs and pins. I could sell you the "plug kit" if you like. I would make sure you find the factory power folding relay. I also used the factory telescopic switch mounted on my dash. See previous posts.
post #590 of 591 Old 09-13-2019, 04:04 AM
Premium Member

I did mine over a weekend. Took about 6 hours of total dedicated time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode