My 6.7 fuel pump install - Page 13 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 198 Old 08-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Motor Head.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So if I am reading this right,you have to route the return through the pump correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 350 DRW CC LB,4:10,245/75/17,tires 4X4..Coolant filter. CTS.Stage II AFE.EGR Delete,Zoodad ,regulated return, ,Arp,OemHG,AD150,WPE ported int,58FICM,190/30 Injec,05 coil conversion.KC 2R turbo,2011 rear leafs,13 tailgate,flight fab trac bars. Power/folding/Extend mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 198 Old 08-12-2016, 01:47 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Thanked 1,175 Times in 1,062 Posts
Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

2017 F250 CCLB KR "Nighthawk" Edition.....goodies to come.
post #123 of 198 Old 08-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes return has to go through the pump
robertc68 likes this.

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 198 Old 10-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Bringing this back to the top because I have some questions

1. Does anyone know the GPH?
2. I know that the pump is mostly push not pull but could a 5 or 10-micron filter be installed before the pump?
3. Since the excursion tank is behind the rear axle would it be a good idea to move it as close as possible or leave it around the area the stock pumps at?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #125 of 198 Old 10-28-2016, 07:25 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Garage
Leave it where stock location is, id do a filter after the pump before the motor if you're going to

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
post #126 of 198 Old 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
If I put the 6.7 pump on I want to ditch the top side 6.0 filter so I was planning on using a CAT 1r-749 for the secondary but was tempted to run a larger filter before the pump (if possible) so any junk that gets in the tank won't mess up the pump.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #127 of 198 Old 10-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
Anyone added a water separator and a filter, say Cat spin ons for example, before and after their pump? Also can you put a dummy filter in the 6.7? I was thinking of ways to simplify mine when I get around to installing. It won't really simplify the install but it will make changing filters easier and cheaper vs buying a 6.7 and 6.0 filter kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My setup is overkill, but i run the dieselsite prepump water separator, then the 6.7 pump out to a 2 micron post pump filter for my 7.3
pic was just before I added the dieselsite setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150919_081440.jpg
Views:	1340
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	573025  

2000 DRW CC 7.3
Exterior: 08 Exterior Clone, 22.5's
Engine Mods: GTP38R WW2, 5 inch exhaust,T500, 6637, TW tunes,DI Up pipes, 6.7 fuel pump fuel system.
Trans Mods: 6.0 trans cooler, JW Valve body,Billet triple disc converter.
Sound Mods: 7" flip out tv, 3-way speakers all around, 12" sub, 500 watt amp.
Misc:dieselsite coolant filter, max ac assist, BRV, IHD,gauges, CCV

Next up power rear window
post #128 of 198 Old 10-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
It's been a while since I've read all the way through this thread but I have a question about the secondary filter with the 6.7 pump setups... I've been thinking about deleting the top side filter bowl via the Driven Diesel regulated return kit with the fuel bowl delete. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Motorcraft sells 6.7 fuel filter kits that come with both the filter for the 6.7 pump and also a secondary filter that's a self contained unit. Is anyone using the secondary filter units in their setup? How's that work? I like the idea of being able to just buy the filter kits for the 6.7 truck and use them both. It looks like it'd be pretty simple to find a spot to plumb that in somewhere. Am I crazy here?

F250 CCSB FX4 (Built June of 2004)
T6 5W-40, Archoil, CAT ELC, ARP studs, Holders 175/Stocks, OEM Gaskets, Blue Spring, all the OEM updates, AFE Stage2, Powermax, WW2, Mishi IC Kit, 05+ Elbow, WPE Stage3, Sinister Headers, RCD Up-Pipe, MBRP 4", no Cat, Mishi Rad, BPD Water Pump, IPR Coolant Filter, 6.4 Starter, Swamps 58V FICM, DC 185V, PHP FICM Tuner, SCT X4, WPE Tunes, Edge CTS, 2.5" Leveling kit, ProComp Traction Bars, 33" Tires, MagHytec Cover w/ Amsoil in it, & some other stuff
post #129 of 198 Old 10-30-2016, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Hopefully I can shed some info I have learned. First off new member here!, so bear with me... Been creeping Jugernaut and Mercs posts for a bit now. I have parts sittin on my toolbox to do a fuel system to my 6.0 since my fuel pump just **** the bed.

The return on the 6.7 should be plumbed, there is a thermal recirculation valve that routes warm fuel back into supply to high pressure pump on the 6.7. If its just capped off yes the pump can "cavitate". How others have ran the pump with return bypassed is a mystery to me.

A new fuel pump does come with a filter inside of it.

Merc, why not just run quick connect fittings on the 6.7 pump? I found Dorman #800-111 (napa 7306720) is supply 1/2". Dorman #800-173 (napa 7305734) 12mm. That is the route I will be using, doing this will also allow someone to run the 6.7 secondary filter and buy just the 6.7 filter kit, which I am not doing. I will be running a w/s before the pump that will include a drain and WIF sensor and 3 micron similar to the cat post pump.

Now, with the dummy filters. A person can make a dummy filter for the 6.7 pump. Not as easily as the 6.4/6.0, where you shim the end of the cap with some pvc from what I have read. With my 6.7 pump apart there is a valve in the inlet hole that is opened when filter is installed. I stripped the filter media off the filter and its just plastic and flimsy, I don't recommend making a dummy out of this. Much rather a guy fab something up using aluminum or stronger design, use your imagination.

Here is the valve.

Here is the thermal recirc valve which doubles as relief valve say pump hits it's max rating of 120psi.

Heres the route I went being I'm running a remote w/s before the pump for ease of filter changes.

I just removed it! Found a "cap" at local hardware store, actually brought pump with me and grabbed a bunch of different options but thats what I ended up using. Used JB kwik weld as its resistant to shop supplies, fuel, oil etc. Used a 1/4" die grinder to clean hole out, and had to take some material off the cap so it didnt obstruct the inlet hole. Than applied JB around the hole and around the cap. Inserted and ran some more JB around cap. Let dry. Sanded cured JB and apply another big layer of JB around the hole thing. This port is not pressurized so it should be fine. I am doing this so I dont have to run a 6.7 filter. I will also be installing a shut off valve between Beans sump and first filter header.

I will be creating a thread for my install, just waiting on a few more things to arrive and time to do it. My setup will include sump -(possible 6.4 pump as volume lift pump) - remote header with w/s -6.7 pump - remote header with 3 micron - custom reg return feeding back of heads - aeromotive regulator out front - return back to tank routed through pump to a bulkhead

Big thanks to Merc and Juger for inspiring this to me.
post #130 of 198 Old 10-30-2016, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Correction. Thermal valve and relief valve are not the same piece. Sorry for confusion. Few typos here and there, please forgive me. Trying to set up profile and uploading all my pics to photobucket so mind was a bit busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode