Can't use SCT with Insight CTS? - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobenator View Post
Well the 2003s and 2004s were changed in many different ways following with later years, the transmission is also much different as far as solenoid placement goes
The transmission is the same in all 6L's...from '03-07...with only minor changes. The solenoids are placed in the exact same place from '03-07.
Check out the pics in post#9 https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0...converter.html

Last edited by strokin6L; 09-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
I believe only the 03 and 04's have to enter the VIN...
Yes...my early '04(build date july'03) i had to enter my VIN for my CS
post #23 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Motor Head.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My build date was feb 04 and I had to enter the vin too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 350 DRW CC LB,4:10,245/75/17,tires 4X4..Coolant filter. CTS.Stage II AFE.EGR Delete,Zoodad ,regulated return, ,Arp,OemHG,AD150,WPE ported int,58FICM,190/30 Injec,05 coil conversion.KC 2R turbo,2011 rear leafs,13 tailgate,flight fab trac bars. Power/folding/Extend mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
LOL sorry I just can't stop myself from doing this to you guys. (Ben is gonna hate me for this) SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DASHBOSS!!!

Ok all jokes aside I have heard a lot about the 03-04 that were having problems with monitors reading the PID's because those years the VIN wasn't programmed into the ECM, IIRC the Dashboss had the same problems until they fixed it, I even think that the user had to program the VIN into the unit so that it would pick up the PID's.

I would suggest that it's something along those lines with the VIN not showing up in the unit not allowing the monitor to pull the PID's.

Let us know what you come up with as this is an interesting topic.

l BRYAN l

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook
COMPRESSION IGNITION TECHNOLOGIES

l 2005 l Ford F250 l FTX l
[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

[CENTER]DLR
post #25 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Motor Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
LOL sorry I just can't stop myself from doing this to you guys. (Ben is gonna hate me for this) SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DASHBOSS!!!

Ok all jokes aside I have heard a lot about the 03-04 that were having problems with monitors reading the PID's because those years the VIN wasn't programmed into the ECM, IIRC the Dashboss had the same problems until they fixed it, I even think that the user had to program the VIN into the unit so that it would pick up the PID's.

I would suggest that it's something along those lines with the VIN not showing up in the unit not allowing the monitor to pull the PID's.

Let us know what you come up with as this is an interesting topic.
yup i know i read it some place where the dealership can program the vin into the ecm.The crazy thing is there are updates out there for my cts but I am nervous that I will loose some of my current pids,because the last time i did the update,I had to call edge to get them to roll it back to and older version because I lost the important pids.

04 350 DRW CC LB,4:10,245/75/17,tires 4X4..Coolant filter. CTS.Stage II AFE.EGR Delete,Zoodad ,regulated return, ,Arp,OemHG,AD150,WPE ported int,58FICM,190/30 Injec,05 coil conversion.KC 2R turbo,2011 rear leafs,13 tailgate,flight fab trac bars. Power/folding/Extend mirrors.
post #26 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc68 View Post
yup i know i read it some place where the dealership can program the vin into the ecm.The crazy thing is there are updates out there for my cts but I am nervous that I will loose some of my current pids,because the last time i did the update,I had to call edge to get them to roll it back to and older version because I lost the important pids.
Well worst case scenario is that you have to call them again to roll it back again.

l BRYAN l

COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook

[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

[CENTER]DLR
post #27 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine is an 07 and done the cutting off and on and not linking up with the truck, I tried differnt tunes and everything and nothing worked except setting it on dodge 6.7. It worked great for about 4 months and then crapped out. I loved it but not working just wasn't working, sent it to edge and they said it was fine. I sold it and will be trying out the dashboss if/when it comes out for droid.
post #28 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Motor Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Well worst case scenario is that you have to call them again to roll it back again.
yeah I can do that.

post #29 of 55 Old 09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfish1247 View Post
Mine is an 07 and done the cutting off and on and not linking up with the truck, I tried differnt tunes and everything and nothing worked except setting it on dodge 6.7. It worked great for about 4 months and then crapped out. I loved it but not working just wasn't working, sent it to edge and they said it was fine. I sold it and will be trying out the dashboss if/when it comes out for droid.
It's not going to come out for droid. Go to Gamestop and buy a used iPod Touch for $50 and your good to go after you buy the bluetooth gateway from dashboss.

l BRYAN l

COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook

[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

[CENTER]DLR
post #30 of 55 Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Motor Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrow89 View Post
Still haven't gotten anything resolved.. Have yet to get it in with the dealer to give that a try. As far as SCT doing it, 1892FF1785, I think you'll be fine as would I IF they would do it for me..
Did you ever get this resolved?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode