190/30 Injectors Supporting Mods and Tranny Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-17-2020, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
190/30 Injectors Supporting Mods and Tranny Questions

I currently have a KC stage 2 turbo, PHP FICM tuner and airdog lift pump (just the universal pump, no filters). I am planning on getting 190/30 warren injectors by summer. I know I am going to need a regulated return, but what else? I don't have the money to buy everything at once so I am going to do one thing at a time.

Where should I start? I know I'm going to need trans parts eventually, but what exactly? Warren told me the competition kit should be fine for 190/30's. At that point I'd be worried about the converter.

I was thinking of getting the regulated return, then injectors, then a mild fuel tune until I have money for the transmission parts.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2007 F-250 CCSB 4WD 6.0 - Studded, Deleted, Coolant Filter, Sinister Piping, Blue Spring, 6" Zone Lift, 20x9 RBP's on 37" Toyo M/T's, KC stage 2 turbo, 5" Straight Pipe, CTS2, SPD, Gearhead, Warren, and Looney tunes, PHP Hercules FICM Tune, 4.56 Gears, Mag Hytec Trans Pan, Airdog Raptor Lift Pump, ...whatever else I forgot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
You didn't mention EGT monitor so I will add that and tunes as a must even before you think about the transmission. Otherwise, as long as your HPOP is in good shape you should be fine with what you have stated already. Im running 190/30s, KC Stage 2, ODawg intake, colt stage 2 cam, adrenaline HPOP, Marty's diesel regulated return and never stranded fuel system, 4" open exhaust, and TSD tunes. I haven't done anything to the transmission and don't plan to until it gives me some sorts of signs it needs help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes, KC Stage2
post #3 of 5 Old 01-17-2020, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmow10 View Post
You didn't mention EGT monitor so I will add that and tunes as a must even before you think about the transmission. Otherwise, as long as your HPOP is in good shape you should be fine with what you have stated already. Im running 190/30s, KC Stage 2, ODawg intake, colt stage 2 cam, adrenaline HPOP, Marty's diesel regulated return and never stranded fuel system, 4" open exhaust, and TSD tunes. I haven't done anything to the transmission and don't plan to until it gives me some sorts of signs it needs help.

Yeah I have the CTS2 for all my monitoring including EGT's. What is the never stranded fuel system? Also, did you upgrade your direct solenoid in the trans? Probably going to do that asap because my 3-5 flares every now and then when I get on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjchico4 View Post
Yeah I have the CTS2 for all my monitoring including EGT's. What is the never stranded fuel system? Also, did you upgrade your direct solenoid in the trans? Probably going to do that asap because my 3-5 flares every now and then when I get on it.
https://martysdieselperformance.com/...fuel-system-2/

I have not done anything to the transmission except fluid and filter changes.

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes, KC Stage2
post #5 of 5 Old 01-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I’ve run 225/100s with all supporting mods in my wife’s excursion for 30-40k miles now. Truck has 215k, stock trans. Never misses a beat. I had an sxe369 in it for a little bit too. Definitely have your fueling supporting mods done prior to installing the.

06 King Ranch
Fass 200, Custom fuel lines, 225/100s, Thumper stage 2 hpop, WPE stage 3 intake, Mishimoto radiator, Flex a lite fans, BPD water pump, MPD oil cooler relocate kit, Intercooler pipes, Compounds built by me, etc etc etc

05 Eddie Bauer
Resealed entire motor @ 170k miles, new lifters, 6.4 push rods, studs, rebuilt the turbo, IPR egr delete, new injectors, new heads, new ficm board, coolant filter, intercooler tubes, regulated return, bunch of other new parts. Factory exhaust, cat gutted(wife's rig). Livewire with gearhead tunes. Should go a while reliably for her!

03 LB7 duramax the "daily/tow pig"
Lbz cp3, s475/stock twin kit, built trans, steel driveshft, amsoil bypass, secondary oil cooler built by me, fass, traction bars, trans cooler upgrade, dual alts, straight center link + tie rod sleeves, efi live, transfer flow/tool box tank, 5er hitch, other small upgrades.. and most importantly, STOCK HEADBOLTS! Just rolled 200k miles, twins installed @ 165k, daily driven on a "550 tune" tows 18k on a "475" tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode