550 hp goal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

4Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Unread 12-24-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
550 hp goal

I have a bullet proofed 6.0 everything except the relocation of the oil cooler.. I also have 155/stock injectors and a powermax, I’m curious if anyone knows what kind of hp/tq numbers I’m looking at and what I would have to do to reach my goal of around 550 hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Unread 12-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1685 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Considering the stock 6.0l is usually rated at 325hp. 550 is a pretty big leap. here is helpful article from truck trend for horsepower recipes with hp estimates for the mods.

6.0L Power Stroke Power Recipes - Ford Diesel Trucks - Diesel Power Magazine

Without getting your truck on a dyno with a knowledgeable tech its kind of anyone's guess. Tuning may not be 100%, hpop could be slightly word, if the transmission isn't tuned to direct maximum efficiency your missing out too. Getting it on a dyno would be the be the first step.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #3 of 9 Unread 12-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
X2 on the dyno. Thereís really not such a thing as A adds x hp and B adds x hp, except as something to help guesstimate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Unread 12-26-2019, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
175/30 or 190/30 injectors and a KC stage 2 turbo along with the other normal supporting mods will get you there.

www.cncfab.us
nine9six and 7.3lf550 like this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

post #5 of 9 Unread 01-13-2020, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
175/30 or 190/30 injectors and a KC stage 2 turbo along with the other normal supporting mods will get you there.

www.cncfab.us
What supporting mods would I need? I have a KC stage 2, stock injectors, airdog lift pump and stock trans. I was thinking 175/30's, regulated return and later building the trans. I'm not sure what trans parts though or anything else I would need. Thanks.
Dales Super Store likes this.

2007 F-250 CCSB 4WD 6.0 - Studded, Deleted, Coolant Filter, Sinister Piping, Blue Spring, 6" Zone Lift, 20x9 RBP's on 37" Toyo M/T's, KC stage 2 turbo, 5" Straight Pipe, CTS2, SPD, Gearhead, Warren, and Looney tunes, PHP Hercules FICM Tune, 4.56 Gears, Mag Hytec Trans Pan, Airdog Raptor Lift Pump, ...whatever else I forgot.

post #6 of 9 Unread 01-14-2020, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
PM me for a turbo and tuning quote.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
post #7 of 9 Unread 01-16-2020, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 1221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjchico4 View Post
What supporting mods would I need? I have a KC stage 2, stock injectors, airdog lift pump and stock trans. I was thinking 175/30's, regulated return and later building the trans. I'm not sure what trans parts though or anything else I would need. Thanks.
190/30 or 205/30 injectors to get you to 550hp. The mods you have will get you there.

www.cncfab.us

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-18-2020 at 09:36 AM.
post #8 of 9 Unread 01-18-2020, 11:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdevuyst View Post
I have a bullet proofed 6.0 everything except the relocation of the oil cooler.. I also have 155/stock injectors and a powermax, Iím curious if anyone knows what kind of hp/tq numbers Iím looking at and what I would have to do to reach my goal of around 550 hp
Do you want 550 max on a dyno or do you want usable/towable HP? Like it was said, 190's or maybe even 175's w/ a KC stage 2. I like the smaller 175, a little less power but less likely to have HPOP issues feeding the injectors at WOT.

This was a back-and-forth on PSA to include some data from Charles(sp). He tuned his own 7.3 and showed temp differences, part failures and whatnot w/ various tunes. They guy was very knowledgable, a bit short tempered but very well schooled on the realistic use of HP w/ towing.

Dave Armstrong and I had this conversation when I left my IDP turned 6.4 back to a 7.3. He did say a 550 hp 7.3 will never drive or behave like a 6.4 will, its just the nature of the beast.

If you think about it, the new 6.7 are 400hp / 1000ftbls and you can tow w/ that all day long, foot to the floor. It can be done but it is harder w/ the older trucks, less efficient fuel delivery systems.

There is a trade off in towing ability w/ the higher HP older trucks that requires good tuning to get around it can be done but I venture live tuning would be the next step. Charlie Fish at KC turbo has a vid of him towing w/ 205's and his KC stage 2, up a grade at speed and his egts are great.

There will be trade offs and as long as you're good w/ that and the extra $$ needed you can do it but I see so many guys give up after spending thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to get their trucks to run right.

Good luck, if you're unwilling to do the work yourself, have a deep pocketbook.

"New" 05, 100% all factory, all options Lariat w/ now 311k
KC 1.5 w/ + quicktricks
post #9 of 9 Unread 02-02-2020, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm building something along the lines as what your doing. I have a Powemax with a bat wheel, 175/30 injectors, Odawg S3 intake, high flow ported exhaust manifolds, I also have a regulated return and lift pump. I'm in the process of making my own oil cooler/bypass filter setup with a Bullet Proof Diesel adapter plate now. Charlie wrote my tunes and helped me out alot with advice. I'm hoping to be around 600 on a race tune and 500 on a heavy tow tune. Should have it together in the next few weeks if everything goes well. Good luck with your project.
powerlifter405 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in