Join Date: Apr 2017
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It sounds like you put a big turbo in the truck with injectors that are too small and without a tune. I'm surprised the truck doesn't run terribly. The reality is the stage 2 really isn't designed to run with stock injectors due to the wheel sizes, although it will.
I talked with Charlie for a while before deciding on the stage 1. I wanted some power, but still be able to hook up the 5th wheel trailer and not have ungodly EGTs. It wasn't until I received the custom tunes from TSD, a couple days after I installed the turbo, that the truck really woke up.
Here would be my suggestions for your next mods:
1. Get a decent monitor that will allow you to monitor EGTs...like order it today.
2. Get a tune designed for your setup.
3. Get larger injectors that will take advantage of the larger turbo you installed when your budget allows.
4. Get a tune designed for your setup.
5. Get your truck on a dyno so you actually know what the output is. Take the information from the dyno run and give it to your tuner to see if the tunes can be cleaned up at all.
2006 F250 CCSB FX4 6 Speed Manual
KC Stage 1 Turbo, Spearco Intercooler, SCT X4 w/ Custom TSD Tunes, ARP Studs, EGR Delete, South Bend Dual Disc Clutch, AirDog II-4G Pump, AFE HD Momentum CAI, AFE CAC Pipes, AFE Intake Horn, AFE Front & Rear Dif Covers, Magnaflow 4" Turbo Back, EGR Delete, Sinister 200 Amp Alternator, Sinister Coolant Filter, BPD Radiator, BPD Water Pump, Big 3 Upgrade, Blue Spring, EDGE Insight CTS2, Morimoto BI-LED Projector Retrofit and LED Fog Lights, Bilstein 5100s