Unlocking SCT x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-06-2019, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unlocking SCT x4

Ok so I have a mustang GT and a 6.0 powerstroke. I bought the x4 for my 6.0 a while back and got a few custom tunes saved to it. Now that I have my mustang, I have had to tune it with the same x4 due to the guy I bought it from didn’t leave the tuner in the car. So after I took the mustang to the dealer ship and had it set back to stock (so I could I could tune with mine) , I can’t tune the 6.0 anymore.

So what I’m asking is will I lose all my tunes if I send it to SCT to have them reset it? Am I doing this the cheapest way too cause this is going to cost $150

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-06-2019, 05:15 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,069 Times in 998 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2567 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can't tune both and be able to return them to stock. As far as your custom tunes go, you can save them to a PC and reload them after the reset, but you're still only going to tune one at a time.

SCT may have an optionn for you to buy another license for the tuner, but I've not heard of it if they do.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
You can't tune both and be able to return them to stock. As far as your custom tunes go, you can save them to a PC and reload them after the reset, but you're still only going to tune one at a time.

SCT may have an optionn for you to buy another license for the tuner, but I've not heard of it if they do.
I don’t plan on doing anything to the mustang any more, I just want to be able to change tunes on my truck again but didn’t know if I would still be able to use my old tunes that were for my truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-07-2019, 03:24 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So you bricked the X4 after tuning the Mustang which you had the dealership flash back to stock??

You will need SCT to "unmarry/unlock" the X4 from the Mustang, then go back home to your PC and reload the tuning files for the truck.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2019, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
So you bricked the X4 after tuning the Mustang which you had the dealership flash back to stock??

You will need SCT to "unmarry/unlock" the X4 from the Mustang, then go back home to your PC and reload the tuning files for the truck.
Gotcha thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode