Will return to stock on a SCT livewire remove ficm tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

3Likes
  • 1 Post By G8orFord
  • 2 Post By G8orFord

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will return to stock on a SCT livewire remove ficm tune

I just bought a livewire TS and about 6 months ago had a 40 HP tune put on my 58V ficm. When installingmy livewire will it remove that tune ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 06:28 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,044 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2508 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No. Two separate tuning methods.
jokester00 likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
No. Two separate tuning methods.
I also have a 100HP single tune done by a diesel shop near me. I messaged the guy and told him I got a SCT and wanted that 100HP tune removed he said I should be able to remove it by using the SCT. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Yes, you will use the SCT to return your truck to stock prior to installing a new tune.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,044 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2508 Post(s)
Garage
If the tune was put on by a shop and not by the SCT tuner you have now, then you will not have a fallback stock tune. When you tune the truck with the new tuner, it will save the tune currently on the truck as the "stock" tune. So, if I understand you correctly, your "stock" tune, saved on the SCT device, will be the 100hp tune from your shop. I suspect the only way to get a true stock tune would be to have the PCM reflashed by a dealer, one of the few tuners that can bench flash it or possibly through SCT themselves. You could contact them and see if they can set you up with a stock tune.
PyroTekRob and jokester00 like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode