Turbo recommendations - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 06-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,053 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^What @junior125 and @drumguy said.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 08-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KC turbo 1.5! It's awesome. Pulls like a freight train with my set-up. Plus the 13 blade is much quieter than the 03 turbo I had previously. I run stock injectors, and it pulls my 16k pound 5th wheel very well
post #13 of 17 Old 08-14-2019, 03:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Had a KC stage 2, now have a KC stage 1. Always been on stock sticks and will remain that way. Both installs were straight forward and easy and both of the turbos I received were beautiful pieces. If I did it all over I would have went with the stage 1 to begin with but in my defense they didn't have it when I bought the stage 2. Spools quicker than stock, with my set up I see 40psi of boost, towing is an easy task, and never worry of egt's. I went with the 13 blade turbine for my dogs and for towing purposes. Stage 2 had the 10 blade, and I have never received more compliments on my truck, it sounded amazing just hurt the dogs ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 08-14-2019, 04:53 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 808 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'll defer to the latter....Before KC got running I was using a P-max/10 blade with a Barder billet compressor wheel. God knows I loved that whistle sound at idle or just cruising the parking lot. On the pedal it was a beast thru straight pipe... Cold starts in the winter were insanely loud.

If I could get that same whistle on my 6.7L I would be happier with the sound.

Don't forget other options in airflow management can get you more out of the turbo. KC can feed your habit!

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #15 of 17 Old 08-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I am looking to save up and get a KC Stage 1 for my 2006 F-250. I saw someone earlier say that it's better to tune it to that turbo when its put in, but my question is if I'm not someone who has a tuner on my truck, is it absolutely necessary to tune it for that turbo or will it still perform well without a tune?

Thanks for y'all's time, I'm still learning more by the day, just want to be preemptive on a turbo change since even though the truck only has 69K mi on it its still on its 4th turbo (my mom believed in low mileage vehicles so it never got driven as much as it should, now its my daily driver).
post #16 of 17 Old 08-24-2019, 06:07 PM
Emergency Services

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireParadox640 View Post
I am looking to save up and get a KC Stage 1 for my 2006 F-250. I saw someone earlier say that it's better to tune it to that turbo when its put in, but my question is if I'm not someone who has a tuner on my truck, is it absolutely necessary to tune it for that turbo or will it still perform well without a tune?

Thanks for y'all's time, I'm still learning more by the day, just want to be preemptive on a turbo change since even though the truck only has 69K mi on it its still on its 4th turbo (my mom believed in low mileage vehicles so it never got driven as much as it should, now its my daily driver).

Dang, 4 turbos in 70K miles, impressive.

A KC Stage 1 will be fine without a tune, not entirely necessary. But KC would be the best to talk to about that, they are super helpful in that regard and will give you an honest answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsmow10 and FireParadox640 like this.

2006 CCSB Lariat F-350
304,XXX KM
ARP studs, EGR Delete
SCT SF3 w/ GH & IDP Tunes
BW SXE 62/68/.83AR, Irate T4 Kit
4" Volant Turbo back exhaust
Driven Diesel RR w/ Fuelab Regulator
Isspro Boost, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, HPOP Pressure Gauges
Edge Insight Monitor
FS2500 Oil Bypass Filtration
IDP Tuned 58V FICM
Coolant filtration
R4 Rear Air Ride
Bilstein 5100's
2-Way Compustar Remote Start/Alarm
Misc. mods
post #17 of 17 Old 08-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you, I appreciate the response, I will reach out to KC and double check. Yeah 4 turbos before I inherited it after my mom passed away and when I got it she only had 64K on her. Not a record I want to continue with, my goal is maximum longevity, I take good care of my vehicles, my mom wasn't hard on it, she just didn't drive it like it should've been unfortunately. I want to bulletproof it, put a better turbo in and make my truck last.
6.0vanman and darianmacdonald like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode