6.0 tow mirrors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 tow mirrors

Hello everyone.
I was wonderyif there is a way to change my mirror out to the square ones. I have a 06 f250 and when im towing i cant see good behind me and on the sides. When i use my dads 2015 f350 his mirrors i can alot better so i was wondering if i could into that style of mirror.
Thanks for helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1A Auto sells a kit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
john galt likes this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #3 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,111 Times in 2,018 Posts
Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3119 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/1a...al-cleara.html
MrTommy and john galt like this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
That's the one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Heavy_GD likes this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #5 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks guys!
post #6 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
I've heard of warranty issues if retrofitting and not putting them on the truck that they are labeled for

Dante04SRT went all out with OEM parts and did a very nice job of the write-up. It's slowly making its way up my priority list.

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...r-mirrors.html

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/me.../topics/239122

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

post #7 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,111 Times in 2,018 Posts
Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3119 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Warranty issues from @1AAuto.com ?

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #8 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 12:53 PM

Garage
One such example I recall was someone doing this change and the power fold was slow and then stopped working altogether. The issue stemmed from the mirrors being put on a truck that did not fit the description of the part and was not originally equipped with that function.

Edit: quotes from posts on a thread from another forum

"1A Auto is very happy when people are using their mirrors for the upgrades, but not posting they will not honor their warranty. I’m sure there have been many pairs of mirrors purchased for these mirror upgrades. I did email customer support during my upgrade to inquire about the warranty. At the time, I was considering cutting the 1A Auto connector off to wire without connectors or use a different style molex connector. I was informed by 1A Auto customer service I needed to leave the connector on the mirror or the warranty would be void. I did leave the connector on the mirror and made a Ford style connector to make the connection. Now, 1A Auto states I do not have a warranty on my expensive mirrors because my truck was not originally equipped with mirrors."

"Thanks for posting about the folding speed of the mirrors. I contacted 1A Auto to inquire If the folding speed was normal, but the conversation turned into my warranty is now void because my truck was not originally equipped with folding mirrors. I wasn’t asking 1A Auto for a replacement, but a question on the folding speed. Never did get my question answered about the folding speed since the conversation quickly changed to my warranty being void. One of the reasons I purchased 1A Auto mirrors was the warranty.

Looking over 1A Auto product listing for the mirrors, I see no reference to the warranty being voided if the vehicle is not originally equipped. The description states the mirror may not function correctly if the vehicle was not originally equipped. Read the warranty would be void if the part was modified, but no modifications to the mirror have been made."

If this has been corrected or if @1AAuto.com could clarify the situation, it would be much appreciated. Not trying to drag any names through the mud, just acquiring and passing on as much information as I can so that individuals can make their own decisions.

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

Last edited by PowerSmoke07; 05-29-2019 at 01:24 PM.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 02:40 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 985 Posts
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like a troll to me. They sell '08+ style mirrors specifically for '99-'07 trucks and NONE of them came with power folding mirrors. If that poster bought actual '08+ mirrors and modified wiring to make them work, then I could see a possible warranty denial. Even if the wiring modifications were not done to the mirrors themselves, but to the truck wiring.
john galt and Hydro like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #10 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 02:58 PM

Garage
Awesome if they do have upgrade specific units. I don't know the details of the warranty issues and haven't done a whole ton of research on the mirrors and applications because of how far down the list they are. Once they get into the top 5 is when I'll be digging up every thread known to man and spending weeks reading through and organizing parts.
john galt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode