Transmission and tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-20-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Transmission and tuning

Recently I am led to believe that my tranny is shot. I'm taking it into a very good transmission shop here locally to see if they can rebuild it or if they are just going to need to install a new one. My question is that I have some tunes from SPD wrote for the truck since I have a stage 2 turbo, will these tunes work fine if a new transmission is installed or will I need to find a way to get a revision done so it will jive?

If a new tranny is needed this shop deals in Jasper transmissions. Does that matter or should I try and get them to locate a different tranny?

Thanks for the input guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would have said get a new one from ford but you have upgrades so going with a up grades trans is the best and you will not find that at ford or a rebuilder unless they do performance up grades and this can be costly depending on how far you go with it. So that is your choice and you can see just who is in your area that can do that and check here to see if someone knows of a place to do that near you. If not ask lots of questions and if they can give you people to talk to on work they have done. So you can see what kind of work they are doing and if they had come backs and if they took care of them. Hope this helps you out.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

I'm not making enough power to need an upgraded trans. I am mainly just concerned about if a new transmission goes into the truck will the tunes I have wrote still work or will I need new trans files for the truck to perform?

I'm disappointed to admit it but I'm done working on this truck and ready to send it on to someone else. The past several years when I've needed it for the farm it has decided it would rather be in the shop for a week or so. I'm now looking into different trucks but need this one to be good enough to sell to someone and not feel like I royally broke it off in them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1576 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnw15 View Post
I'm not making enough power to need an upgraded trans. I am mainly just concerned about if a new transmission goes into the truck will the tunes I have wrote still work or will I need new trans files for the truck to perform?

I'm disappointed to admit it but I'm done working on this truck and ready to send it on to someone else. The past several years when I've needed it for the farm it has decided it would rather be in the shop for a week or so. I'm now looking into different trucks but need this one to be good enough to sell to someone and not feel like I royally broke it off in them.
-If you are just fixing the truck to sell find a reputable brand at lowest cost. Jasper's are hit and miss but if its the cheapest just put new jasper transmission on the add to be honest and sell it.

-Regarding the transmission/tuning. unless you have it modified I don't feel the tuning will need to be revised but as usual when you switch tunes. drive easy on it for a few days to let it complete its re learn.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
kbnw15 (04-22-2019)
post #5 of 5 Old 04-22-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Justin. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode