My 6.0 powerstroke hp? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 6.0 powerstroke hp?

I’ve got a pmax stage 2, straight piped, bulletproofed, big banks intake, the whole nine yards... but I need injectors! What hp #’s am I looking at with 205/100’s? When will my truck bomb itself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
what do you mean by bulletproofed? way to vague of a term. are the heads o-ringed? egr gone? remote oil cooler?
Just a friendly heads up that you wont get much help without a little detail. The whole nine yards means something different to everyone.
HP is very dependent on tunes.
Ficm tunes?
How bout fuel pressure? stock pump? if so mine as well budget for that with 205/100s
Whos injectors do you want to buy? How old is the Pmax?
Are you towing with this truck?
daily driver or race truck?
205/100s are quite big for a stage 2 IMO. They wont even idle without a tune. Atleast not very good. And you are at the limit of your HPOP. Im not even sure if you can run them on an old wornout HPOP.

The truck will never "bomb itself"
The skinny pedal has that affect.

But to answer your question with 205/100s you can make anywhere from 0-600 HP i believe. The truck may not even run if "the whole nine yards" doesnt include the right items.
6.0Castle likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3lf550 my truck has the bulletproof diesel egr. Nothing done to the heads. Just studs and gaskets. Stock fuel. Stock return. Stock hpop. Stock ficm I believe. Going to get a bigger fuel pump. I was thinking 600-700 but what is it gonna make to the flywheel? Any guess? I heard the motor takes up to 800 rwhp but I just want some verification on that.

Max almost new. I want warren pure power injectors. Other than that it’s pretty much stock

Gonna run sct x4 tunes. No towing for me. At least I don’t think so. Gonna be a dd for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3lf550 View Post
what do you mean by bulletproofed? way to vague of a term. are the heads o-ringed? egr gone? remote oil cooler?
Just a friendly heads up that you wont get much help without a little detail. The whole nine yards means something different to everyone.
HP is very dependent on tunes.
Ficm tunes?
How bout fuel pressure? stock pump? if so mine as well budget for that with 205/100s
Whos injectors do you want to buy? How old is the Pmax?
Are you towing with this truck?
daily driver or race truck?
205/100s are quite big for a stage 2 IMO. They wont even idle without a tune. Atleast not very good. And you are at the limit of your HPOP. Im not even sure if you can run them on an old wornout HPOP.

The truck will never "bomb itself"
The skinny pedal has that affect.

But to answer your question with 205/100s you can make anywhere from 0-600 HP i believe. The truck may not even run if "the whole nine yards" doesnt include the right items.
my truck has the bulletproof diesel egr. Nothing done to the heads. Just studs and gaskets. Stock fuel. Stock return. Stock hpop. Stock ficm I believe. Going to get a bigger fuel pump. I was thinking 600-700 but what is it gonna make to the flywheel? Any guess? I heard the motor takes up to 800 rwhp but I just want some verification on that. Gonna run sct x4 tunes. No towing for me. At least I don’t think so. Gonna be a dd for me. Pmax almost new. I want warren pure power injectors. Other than that it’s pretty much stock.

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 09-24-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Just to clarify- the tunes that come on an SCTx4 are canned tunes and will not work. You will have to get custom tunes. HP at the flywheel is a wild guess unless you pull the motor and put it on a dyno and i dont know of anyone who does that for these trucks.

RWHP is more realistic.

No way shape or form will you make over 600 hp with your setup. Not in my opinion. You would need alot more supporting mods. The 205/100s run out of fuel at 600 rwhp. That means you would have to have a full fuel system(regulated return/lift pump/primary pump/aftermarket filters/sump/etc)
I also dont thing that stage 2 pmax flows enough air to clear up 205/100s. i dont think it will even clear up 190cc injectors.
The next problem is your intake manifold. Too restrictive.
The next problem is the fact that you still have an EGR cooler with a stock oil cooler. IMO this is fine up to 450-500 hp but after thats its too much heat.
The next problem is your HPOP. The 205/100s are the largest injector you can even run with a stock HPOP unless you go to a hybrid. Either way yours is tired.
The next problem is that most of the guys that will write you a tune will spend most of their time trying to pull fuel back. They wont even use the full potential of those injectors.

Basically all you will do is roll coal everywhere with them. Step down to a 175/30. Way nicer to drive. Plenty of HP. Will pair well with your setup. Anything bigger is just a waste of money IMO.

600 HP trucks were not built with a dollar and a dream. they were built with 25,000$ and a dream.
post #5 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,043 Times in 938 Posts
Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@7.3lf550 covered it well. I'll throw in that you aren't going to be at 600hp for very long on a stock trans. Your stock air intake won't be up to the task, either.

I'm not a performance guy, but - as a rule of thumb - I'd say that upper engine mods will get you to 550hp and anything more requires some digging.

Here are some good threads:

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ild-sheet.html
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...does-take.html

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLink™ LX, Autometer EGT
post #6 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
@7.3lf550 covered it well. I'll throw in that you aren't going to be at 600hp for very long on a stock trans. Your stock air intake won't be up to the task, either.

I'm not a performance guy, but - as a rule of thumb - I'd say that upper engine mods will get you to 550hp and anything more requires some digging.

Here are some good threads:

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ild-sheet.html
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...does-take.html
I like these threads. Thanks. Any other ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3lf550 View Post
Just to clarify- the tunes that come on an SCTx4 are canned tunes and will not work. You will have to get custom tunes. HP at the flywheel is a wild guess unless you pull the motor and put it on a dyno and i dont know of anyone who does that for these trucks.

RWHP is more realistic.

No way shape or form will you make over 600 hp with your setup. Not in my opinion. You would need alot more supporting mods. The 205/100s run out of fuel at 600 rwhp. That means you would have to have a full fuel system(regulated return/lift pump/primary pump/aftermarket filters/sump/etc)
I also dont thing that stage 2 pmax flows enough air to clear up 205/100s. i dont think it will even clear up 190cc injectors.
The next problem is your intake manifold. Too restrictive.
The next problem is the fact that you still have an EGR cooler with a stock oil cooler. IMO this is fine up to 450-500 hp but after thats its too much heat.
The next problem is your HPOP. The 205/100s are the largest injector you can even run with a stock HPOP unless you go to a hybrid. Either way yours is tired.
The next problem is that most of the guys that will write you a tune will spend most of their time trying to pull fuel back. They wont even use the full potential of those injectors.

Basically all you will do is roll coal everywhere with them. Step down to a 175/30. Way nicer to drive. Plenty of HP. Will pair well with your setup. Anything bigger is just a waste of money IMO.

600 HP trucks were not built with a dollar and a dream. they were built with 25,000$ and a dream.
what tunes should I go for if I fix the other problems?

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 09-24-2018 at 05:02 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 09-23-2018, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this kid is like 16, with a caltrans work truck model 6.0
Dont waste your time.

Look kiddo, I threw about 25 g's at my 6.0 to get less power than you are wanting. And after a year of fighting it I took it all off.
Save your lunch money for some chicken nuggets. My 6.0 powerstroke hp?-screenshot_20180923-221551.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
White_Buffalo7.3 likes this.
post #8 of 22 Old 09-24-2018, 04:35 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
I am not a fan of the big injectors in these engines if trucks a daily driver or towing machine. If you want to do 1/4 mile track or sled pulls or just making truck a toy then I see the point. The heat produced is not 6.0 friendly and those injectors are quite problematic and it matters little on what brand you buy.

That said if you are looking for more power you can do well on custom tunes 4” exhaust without cat or baffled mufflers with stock injectors. Deleting EGR system will help things too. Starting with a 190 amp or higher alt is needed to keep FICM healthy as well as the entire system
Then a full flowing 4” exhaust system with straight through packing type mufflers if you don’t like noisy exhaust. I am also a believer in the trucks fuel pump. I believe it will screw you in the buns sooner then later as both of my 2006 trucks did to me. Low fuel pressure looses power and then eats your injectors and @ $1,000.00 to have one changed it’s not worth the risk.
So I am for upgrading to either a 6.7 Pump or go with a FASS or Air Head Dog. Then you will have 55-75 psi whatever you wish all the time at every rpm.
Now I am a big advocate of installing SS o-rings in the cylinder heads on these 6.0 engines to end head gasket failures. I have not seen anyone loose their headgaskets after o-ringing on these forums. If your engine isn’t I would stay under 100 HP tunes with FICM included.

Then you get a PHP FICM tuner and you can go 25-100 HP from just fuel management. After that a SCT tuner with custom tunes from a good programmer. I did PHP custom tunes on my truck along with a ECM rollback that flashes truck back to Fords early setups that was more efficient and higher output HP 2003-2005 era.
You will of coarse need a quality turbo for it and I suggest staying with a Stage I KC Turbo 10 vane exhaust side turbine. This will flow much better off idle and even better at higher rpm’s. Don’t blow money on a Powermaxi-pad unit they just are not very good turbos, specially if you compare a Powerazz to the KC.
The turbo was upgraded by Ford in 2005 going with a 13 vane design. But the dirty secret is it was no upgrade, it was a downgrade to lower boost and HP so less engines would have head gasket failure warranty repairs. If you pull with the truck it was ok because it worked best under 2,000rpm’s.

I’m running a KC Stage I along with everything listed here along with some other things and I’m in the 450 HP range and averaging low 18’s mpg in a truck that’s almost 9,000 lbs. Best part is I have nothing to worry about in that HP range and my engine should go 400-500K.

As far as tunes I have 3 PHP Custom tunes but lot of guys use Wildman Tony and his Panty Dropper and Super Panty Dropper tune.

Okay Then, Hopefully this helps you get your head around things better. Tell us what you went with once you do get her all juiced up

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3” CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4” Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4” SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too
post #9 of 22 Old 09-24-2018, 04:53 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.flow View Post
this kid is like 16, with a caltrans work truck model 6.0
Dont waste your time.

Look kiddo, I threw about 25 g's at my 6.0 to get less power than you are wanting. And after a year of fighting it I took it all off.
Save your lunch money for some chicken nuggets. Attachment 708239

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dammit J_Bro why didn’t I see your post before wasting MY time. I feel so cheap and dirty all of the sudden, and that Jim Beam can’t help me at this time of the day. Will only give me wrot gut before having my Bud Burgers for breakfast.
Heavy_GD likes this.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3” CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4” Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4” SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too
post #10 of 22 Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,112 Times in 2,020 Posts
Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Quoted: 3122 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Trolled ya hard....
mhatlen likes this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode