BPD Oil Cooler without removing condenser? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didn't but hindsight, I would next time.

The more room you have the better you will be. Take care in the trimming of the brackets that hold the tall trans cooler....if you have one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 04-11-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Ill have to see how it goes. I have plenty of time. This repair is probably going to take a month or more since I have weekends only to do it and only a couple of hours on the weekend at that to get it done. LOL.
post #13 of 23 Old 05-27-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Guy, I need some serious help here. I am trying to install my non traditional bracket, and the guys at BPD and Joe Blow here said I can install this without removing the condenser. Now that I have the grill off, I see absolutely NO WAY WHATSOEVER to make this happen. Can someone give me some more detail on how to do it? Joe Blow, did you rotate your condenser counterclockwise and hold it? I'm finding that the instruction for just about everything BPD has sent me are about 80% baked. LOTS of stuff left out, vague photos and explanations, etc.

Im dead until I figure out how to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 05-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,058 Times in 987 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 2527 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@brazosdog02 If you want Joe Blow to see the tag you have to actually tag him with a "@". Like @joe blow . Other than that, I can be of no real help with your dilema.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by ZMANN; 05-27-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: ha ha
post #15 of 23 Old 05-27-2018, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quoted: 3913 Post(s)
have you tried u tube for a video?

6.0 flush pdf
post #16 of 23 Old 05-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,058 Times in 987 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 2527 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I see what you did there...

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
The Following User Says Thank You to G8orFord For This Useful Post:
ZMANN (05-27-2018)
post #17 of 23 Old 05-27-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

There isn't a video so far as I know that displays what I am trying to do. I took my bumper off and the radiator support.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I think with the bumper off and the radiator support out, I can get it in there. I'm going to take another stab at it this week.

Last edited by brazosdog02; 05-29-2018 at 05:42 AM.
post #18 of 23 Old 06-01-2018, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post
There isn't a video so far as I know that displays what I am trying to do. I took my bumper off and the radiator support.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I think with the bumper off and the radiator support out, I can get it in there. I'm going to take another stab at it this week.
Sorry bud, I have not been on here lately.

When I did the BPD stuff It was difficult to install the conventional condenser bracket but DOABLE. Obviously the radiator has to come out. If I had to do it again I would also remove the bumper and the entire front clip (plastic that houses the headlights). Then and only then will the entire condenser flip up to the right of the truck.

When I yanked my engine, is when I performed the latter....made life easier

Hope that helps
post #19 of 23 Old 06-03-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I got the damn thing in but the condenser lines are stretched so far forward that I am genuinely worried that the lines and fittings are going to bust. At teh factory, they install lines that are the proper length for where the condenser, but when you have to pull it forward 2", that's too much.

Is this normal? It's slammed so hard against that unconventional bracket that it rubs on the rivets and power steering lines. Is this normal?
post #20 of 23 Old 06-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
I don't recall my bracket rubbing anything when I put it in and my ac lines definitely weren't stretched to fit

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode