2005 Excursion Build KC stage 2 bunch other goodies - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
john galt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 06:46 PM

Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,787 Posts
Mentioned: 722 Post(s)
Quoted: 4009 Post(s)
popcorn LOl

we'll get through this but it is amazing that one joins in 2012
then explodes in to a posting frenzy

maybe step back Nick and tread lightly for your first few post get to know folks
and spread some of your tech knowledge in a helpful manner

no rush to post a plenty
we will all be here tomorrow ;-)
Rattlesnake18 and john galt like this.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
2005 Excursion Build KC stage 2 bunch other goodies

And that's fine. I don't expect credibility immediately. But I still ask that you don't turn me down so quickly, and let me establish my credibility. I'm can diag extremely efficiently and I'm fairly qualified in modifying them.. I built a set of compounds for mine if that means anything to you.. Yes I have contacted Bulletproof, like I said, they deny that their coolers throw the codes. Thousands of trucks, only installed ~10-15 of their egr coolers. I always use Chinese ones since they're a fraction of the cost, and do not rupture either. But 10-15 coolers and had 2 throw 401 codes, that's a decent percentage.. I have a BPD water pump in my truck, and when my ficm is done putting out its 49 volts I'll be buying their 6 phase ficm. I'm not bashing their product at all. Everything they build is superior to anything else. I simply do not like the way they handle some problems. Just had bad experiences and that's fine. If their oil cooler kit was more bang for the buck than a different kit, I'd have that one on my truck. But when Maryland supplies a kit for 1,200 that does the exact same thing for $850 cheaper, guess which kit went on my truck? Lol. I've simply seen their best selling products cause issues. And until you're faced with diagnosing an ect/eot delta concern with their kit, your opinion will stay the same. They *are* aware that their coolers aren't keeping oil temps in check when pulling hills. The factory cooler works the best.. and that's probably why they came up with the factory cooler relocate kit where it stuffs it in the vacuum canister location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 06:59 PM

Thank you, that's all I ask. I'll tone it down a bit for a while. I come off strong and I know that, but anything I post is from multiple experiences creating the same effect. If I've only seen something once I would state it as a concern, and would wonder if anyone else has seen it. I've also not commented a whole lot on here simply because I got rid of my old 6.0 a few years back and bought a dmax, but missed the 6.0, so I bought one this summer and simply didn't comment until I built it. The people on that most asked for photos of my build, but I can't post them because my posts are short.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickjames525 For This Useful Post:
ZMANN (12-12-2016)
post #25 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 07:00 PM

BPD does not promote the remote cooler kit for HD towing they recommend the HD air to oil

the remote was just to fill a gap in the market that they had a patent on anyway so why not market one if folks were asking for them ?

if you can dial down the vendor bash i will not have to reply to your every post
deal ??

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Ok you snuck in a post while I was typing

you should have enough post now to show pics and links

and were good since you agreed to dial back the Nick James Tornado

6.0 flush pdf
post #27 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 07:12 PM

The air/oil kit is the one I've had the p012F code come up on. BPD says that temps will get warmer with that kit but doesn't matter as much because no cooler is plugged. And they're right, so long as the oil stays below ~250 it'll be fine. I see 270 in my duramax towing uphill with my 5er, even with the factory cooler AND a air/oil kit I made with fans on it. It's just difficult for customers to swallow the news when you tell them their 2,000 dollar kit is what's causing their wrench light to come on.
post #28 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
As much as I'd like to dive in and point out the errors in this thread, I can't. It is true that we have filed another Patent infringement suit against Vince. It's our opinion he's infringing on one of our recently issued patents. And coincidently, as in the past, someone with almost no history comes out slinging cheeseburgers that are 15,000 times better than In and Out Burgers. At least he likes the fries

6.0 Powerstroke issues? Go to our website for answers.

post #29 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
I would much rather leave it deleted but I might be moving back to Az soon. XDP provides a lifetime warranty. If this FICM fails I will swap the swamps to the BPD.
Thank you again the info is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
post #30 of 174 Old 12-12-2016, 08:29 PM

Simply my opinion keeping the factory cooler that keeps oil temps within 6-8 degrees of your ect is better than avoiding/bandaining the real problem with a kit that will cause wrench lights. The problem is the coolant system is filthy. Clean it up and you'll have a happy ford oem oil cooler. When comparing IPRs kit to your factory cooler relocate kit, hands down, the BPD kit is far superior in design. However, suing someone because you're upset their kit is similar to yours is literally the definition of bullying. It's GOOD to have competition. If your kit is so much better than the competitor, get out there and prove it... the poor guy is trying to make a living for himself and you're trying to not only take his lunch money, but put him out of business. All because his kit is similar... by no means is his kit the same at all. It mounts to the battery, uses a 6.7 cooler, and retains the factory cooler housing/filter housing. Let him make pennies while you guys make a dollar....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
excursion for sale , kc turbo , peixinho , powerstroke , toren302

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode