New Mishimoto radiator, upgraded version results - Page 25 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 254 Old 07-28-2018, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Based on that last comment from Steve, I can see people still getting the original due to companies not updating the -03 dwescription with the updated info.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 254 Old 08-03-2018, 11:01 PM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
The Mishimoto reps here on the org have always taken care of my issues with their products promptly and to my satisfaction 100%. Just received a new high temperature thermostat and housing from Mishimoto that I hope to install next week.
BTL
Update,
I put both the old (purchased this year) and the brand new thermostats and housings in a pot of water on the stove with an oven thermometer and turned on the heat. I do not know how accurate the 20yr old oven thermometer is but the old thermostat opened 15-20 degrees sooner than the new unit that Mishimoto sent to me for free as a warranty replacement. I heated and cooled the units 3 times with the same results. My ECT was 172ish and EOT 155ish with the old thermostat. Now with the new thermostat on a short drive my ECT is 193 and EOT was 172. I and my motor are both happier now. Thank you Mishimoto for standing behind your products.
BTL

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4Ē SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8Ē draw tube
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTL For This Useful Post:
Mishimoto (08-14-2018)
post #243 of 254 Old 08-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Impressive Mishimoto customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd546 View Post
I have a brand new old style still in the box. I bought it thinking I was upgrading to help with towing but I guess I was wrong. Should have checked around first, but Mishimoto seemed to have such a good reputation I did not think I needed to. At least I know now before the install. Maybe I can sell this thing on Craigslist, I don't think there is any hope for a return at this point and I can't take any chances towing a camper with my family. Darn.
After a few people on this thread recommended that I contact Steve with Mishimoto, I decided to give it a shot. Much to my surprise, Steve was very receptive to helping me out and he arranged for me to swap my old radiator and give me full credit from the purchase price toward the purchase of the updated version! I can't ask for more than that, especially considering that I bought the old radiator in June of 2017. I appreciate the fact the Mishimoto admitted that they made some mistakes and that they are willing to make things right by standing behind their products. Job well done and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to Steve and to those who recommended that I contact him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pd546 For This Useful Post:
Mishimoto (08-14-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 254 Old 08-14-2018, 04:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd546 View Post
After a few people on this thread recommended that I contact Steve with Mishimoto, I decided to give it a shot. Much to my surprise, Steve was very receptive to helping me out and he arranged for me to swap my old radiator and give me full credit from the purchase price toward the purchase of the updated version! I can't ask for more than that, especially considering that I bought the old radiator in June of 2017. I appreciate the fact the Mishimoto admitted that they made some mistakes and that they are willing to make things right by standing behind their products. Job well done and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to Steve and to those who recommended that I contact him.
Hey everybody,

Glad I can be of help! We're doing everything we can to reach out to vendors and ensure that the proper information is relayed to customers on which radiator is which. We have several distributors who sell to smaller vendors, so we do not have direct contact with every vendor; but, as we find incorrect info, we are reaching out to those vendors to make sure it gets updated. If you guys see any vendors that still list MMRAD-F2D-03 as a performance rad, please feel free to shoot a link over to me and I will reach out to have the info updated.

Thanks again, and definitely let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

-Steve
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mishimoto For This Useful Post:
pd546 (08-28-2018)
post #245 of 254 Old 10-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Steve, can you please reach out to me please? I have a radiator I'd like to discuss. I've been around the ORG for a long time but more active on FTE. Since I am a new member here, I cannot send a PM (I think).

Thanks.
post #246 of 254 Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird905 View Post
Steve, can you please reach out to me please? I have a radiator I'd like to discuss. I've been around the ORG for a long time but more active on FTE. Since I am a new member here, I cannot send a PM (I think).

Thanks.
Will do, shooting you a PM now!

-Steve
post #247 of 254 Old 11-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird905 View Post

Thanks.
Well, for some reason I also can't PM you - feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]. We also have an account on FTE, so you can PM us there if you'd like.

Thanks!

-Steve
post #248 of 254 Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks Steve. I tried to PM you on FTE but got message:

"The following errors occurred with your submission:

Mishimoto has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

I'll email you.
post #249 of 254 Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Will do, shooting you a PM now!

-Steve
Hi Steve,
I too have a new, in the box MMRAD-FD2-03 radiator. Not sure how I should go about getting this replaced I'd also appreciate a PM. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mishi1-1040.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	710099   Click image for larger version

Name:	mishi2-1040.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	710101  
post #250 of 254 Old 11-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
Hi Steve,
I too have a new, in the box MMRAD-FD2-03 radiator. Not sure how I should go about getting this replaced I'd also appreciate a PM. Thanks!
PM sent!

-Steve
Jake6.0 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode