PHP tunes, towing with a 6.0? - Page 25 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

281Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 246 Old 05-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,749 Posts
Mentioned: 689 Post(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The relearn posted is just basic

The full version is more involved.

Or just drive it and it will eventually accomplish
The same thing
junior125 and R&Rpowerstroke like this.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 05-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamviper View Post
Please don't take my feedback the wrong way. I am very happy with the tunes you provided and looking forward to working out the shifting on my daily driver when I finally get the truck back. I am disappointment in feedback like "find a different mechanic". This is like saying if the answer isn't what you want, don't understand the situation just get a different answer. If out of the discussion I feel like the mechanic messed up or lied in any way I will have the truck moved to the next closest mechanic or push to have the labor charges removed, I was only hoping to have a more pointed discussion to ensure all facts are represented. I was not intending to bash in any way, I in fact have recommended your tunes to 4 of my friends and in multiple places on this forum and others. I am though caught between you saying it shouldn't happen and the mechanic saying it shouldn't happen both pointing at each other and I can find no flaws in either argument. 20 + years of experience against 20+ years of experience. As the guy forking over the cash this puts me in a difficult and expensive situation.

Again apologies if this came across wrong. I should have posted the whole conversation to avoid any confusion. I have no intentions or desire for a refund, I want to continue with your products which I have used happily for the last 8 years both in my gas ford and now my diesel. I do hope others in my position can learn and do the whole job right the first time and maybe avoid my mess and all the frustration that comes with it, that was my only intent behind the post, do the o-rings if you have the opportunity and the cash.

Sorry again no offense or negative output was intended in my post.
I often find myself trying to make topics easier to understand in tuning that are very complex in nature. The issue I struggle with is that the easier I make the concepts to understand, the more inaccurate the values become since they are generalized. Due to this, often times it results in very quick/ short answer and I apologize for that on my end.

PS - What size shirt do you wear?
Patriot and G8orFord like this.
post #243 of 246 Old 05-12-2017, 07:06 AM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 281 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
the easier I make the concepts to understand, the more inaccurate the values become since they are generalized.
You are correct.

Large tall.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patriot For This Useful Post:
R&Rpowerstroke (05-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 246 Old 05-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamviper View Post
Please don't take my feedback the wrong way. I am very happy with the tunes you provided and looking forward to working out the shifting on my daily driver when I finally get the truck back. I am disappointment in feedback like "find a different mechanic". This is like saying if the answer isn't what you want, don't understand the situation just get a different answer. If out of the discussion I feel like the mechanic messed up or lied in any way I will have the truck moved to the next closest mechanic or push to have the labor charges removed, I was only hoping to have a more pointed discussion to ensure all facts are represented. I was not intending to bash in any way, I in fact have recommended your tunes to 4 of my friends and in multiple places on this forum and others. I am though caught between you saying it shouldn't happen and the mechanic saying it shouldn't happen both pointing at each other and I can find no flaws in either argument. 20 + years of experience against 20+ years of experience. As the guy forking over the cash this puts me in a difficult and expensive situation.

Again apologies if this came across wrong. I should have posted the whole conversation to avoid any confusion. I have no intentions or desire for a refund, I want to continue with your products which I have used happily for the last 8 years both in my gas ford and now my diesel. I do hope others in my position can learn and do the whole job right the first time and maybe avoid my mess and all the frustration that comes with it, that was my only intent behind the post, do the o-rings if you have the opportunity and the cash.

Sorry again no offense or negative output was intended in my post.
I often find myself trying to make topics easier to understand in tuning that are very complex in nature. The issue I struggle with is that the easier I make the concepts to understand, the more inaccurate the values become since they are generalized. Due to this, often times it results in very quick/ short answer and I apologize for that on my end.

Thanks appreciate the support and your information. I'm a large. Get my truck back today, getting excited!
Chatham036 likes this.
post #245 of 246 Old 06-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I ran up to Willows CA to Sonoma and back to Orange CA pulling my fully loaded 40' gooseneck trailer and my PHP tune ran flawlessly.

Thanks to Jay this thing is magic now

The truck ran cool, had plenty of power up and over the grapevine and returned reasonable mileage. EGTs never went over 1100, usually around 800 when not pulling a big grade. ECT was normally 195 with a peak of 215 over the grapevine in 90+ ambient air temp and the EOT was typically 204 only spiking to 230 on the steepest part of the grapevine on that 90+ day.

My all AL radiator (not a Mishimoto but from the same supplier BPD uses out of AZ) and BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter handled the cooling like a champ. The transmission temps also stayed nice and cool.

I was thinking of adding a PHP FICM tune but this thing is running so well I don't want to mess with success.

Thanks again PHP for the tune and Jetlock for his towing posts and review of the clutch adapter.
post #246 of 246 Old 06-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetorino View Post
I ran up to Willows CA to Sonoma and back to Orange CA pulling my fully loaded 40' gooseneck trailer and my PHP tune ran flawlessly.

Thanks to Jay this thing is magic now

The truck ran cool, had plenty of power up and over the grapevine and returned reasonable mileage. EGTs never went over 1100, usually around 800 when not pulling a big grade. ECT was normally 195 with a peak of 215 over the grapevine in 90+ ambient air temp and the EOT was typically 204 only spiking to 230 on the steepest part of the grapevine on that 90+ day.

My all AL radiator (not a Mishimoto but from the same supplier BPD uses out of AZ) and BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter handled the cooling like a champ. The transmission temps also stayed nice and cool.

I was thinking of adding a PHP FICM tune but this thing is running so well I don't want to mess with success.

Thanks again PHP for the tune and Jetlock for his towing posts and review of the clutch adapter.
Do it. It is definitely worth it. It will be that much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode