Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   6.0L Performance Parts Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/)
-   -   PHP tunes, towing with a 6.0? (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/1156322-php-tunes-towing-6-0-a.html)

Gaius 08-14-2016 03:43 PM

I didn't say it was all that heavy. Or light. I just want the most fuel that'l allow me to get right against the EGT max.

Zmann, would you get a PCM tune first, or the FICM tune first? I deleted my EGR, but have no light on, so I'm not sure I need to turn off the EGR if the FICM will be more beneficial.

ZMANN 08-14-2016 03:55 PM

probably do the PCM tuner and tunes first the FICM tuner is just gravy IMO and will let you fine tune quick for varied loads

but the base PCM tune can help with shifting / converter / braking just tell PHP you are planing to get a FICM tuner when you order your tunes

but like I said the FICM tuner seems to net everyone better MPG i am about 2-4 depending on what FICM level and tune I use

plus I idle a lot while on the phone so exact gains are hard to calculate

michaelaiman 08-16-2016 04:33 AM

Am I missing something? I didn't think PHP was doing custom SCT tunes anymore? I was gonna order some to compliment the PHP FICM tuner (a while back now) but then their website stated they were no longer offering it. I'm still rockin canned tunes

Master_Chase 08-16-2016 06:19 AM

Yes they are they even had a really good sale a while back and created a thread on here to mention it.

Heavy_GD 08-16-2016 06:24 AM

488 Attachment(s)

Chatham036 08-16-2016 09:54 AM

I love my PHP tunes for towing as well as performance and extreme settings.

For some weird reason, PHP tunes make my truck drive exactly the way I feel it should with plenty of power at my disposal :P

Master_Chase 08-16-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatham036 (Post 13977153)

For some weird reason, PHP tunes make my truck drive exactly the way I feel it should with plenty of power at my disposal :P

For some reason, I think you may be biased. >:)

michaelaiman 08-16-2016 05:10 PM

Do the PHP tunes compliment the PHP FICM tunes in any way over any of the other tuners out there?

Gaius 08-16-2016 07:58 PM

k
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatham036 (Post 13977153)

If you could only pick one tune to daily and tow with (I'm at 19k lbs combined), which tune would you recommend? Auto trans.

Thanks!

Chatham036 08-17-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaius (Post 13981121)
k

If you could only pick one tune to daily and tow with (I'm at 19k lbs combined), which tune would you recommend? Auto trans.

Thanks!

My personal opinion, I would go with the 140x for daily and 25 tow when you are hooked to the trailer.

If you feel the 140 might be a little much for you, a lot of people really enjoy our 100 hp performance tune. It is a little more tame than the 140 while still giving you a good step up in power.