Time to Increase MPG - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
Put the kids on a diet! hahaha

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to your results.
If you saw a picture of my daughter you'd think I already did put her on a diet.. She's like a toothpick..

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my results as well. First things first.. I have to get my truck back from the dealer.. I dropped it off a few weeks ago and they did a bunch of work.. I got it back with the alternator harness unplugged, a strange whistle it never made, and a coolant leak it never had.. Kind of odd.

I dropped it off yesterday and haven't heard back yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had a V10 Excursion and on a 3,000 mile round trip the digital readout was extremely close to my hand calculations at every fill up. With my current one I got 23 mpg on 200 mile drive home at 70 mph on flat highway bone stock except K&N CAI. Put it in shop (High Velocity Diesel Performance) because had a few issues and after replacing many components and doing a few upgrades I get 23 mpg on highway still even with a street tune (100hp+) that gives me much more power on tap. I think it can be further optimized for mpg's if someone wanted and one day I will try a slower speed such as 60-62mph which made a big difference on my gasser.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I find it hard to believe your gas excursion is getting 23 MPG. I have talked to peaople with gassers and they get about half of what the diesel excursions get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sorry C Dog meant to clarify the first Ex was a stock V10 with magnaflow exhaust and got a best of 16 mpg on highway at 62 mph with cruise on and 4.30 gears. The current is a 6.0l with 230k miles. After reading this yesterday on a short section of highway I went 60 mph on current Ex and got 24 mpg. There's definitely room for improvement with what the OP is trying to do. My goals with my upgrade were more power without loss of mpg's. I'm sure if someone just focused on mpg's they would do better than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode