New Excursion Owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Excursion Owner

So I jumped in water and ventured into the Excursion hype. I have a 2003 6.0 Excursion. It has an EGR delete that the previous Owner had done. The only thing I've done to it is put an S&B cold air intake on it. I've bought a coolant filter along with an aluminum gas bottle from dk engine parts. I'll see if this link to a picture of my truck works...http://imgur.com/a/7ifrldz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
That's a good looking truck! The PO was nice enough to put on the newer mirrors and 20s for you (also the powerstroke badge adds 5hp!). There was a post on here somewhere about the cap coming with the aluminum degas bottles not performing to OEM specs, I believe it was a Mishimoto, so that'd be something to look out for (it was either here or on PowerstrokeNation, and could have been an isolated incident). The best upgrade I did to my Ex was adding a rear sway bar, made a world of difference. Enjoy it, and I hope you've already got something like the Torque app or Forscan running gauges.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thesoulless thank you, Yes, the PO or the dealer hooked me up. I want to get a cts2 insight to be able to monitor every and I have looked into the torque pro app. Another update that I want to do is the blue spring. I don't know if it already has it. I guess the only way to find is to to take it apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
If you're able to check fuel pressure that will tell you if you need it, just make sure you check while driving - the pressure will dip as the go pedal is pushed but shouldn't get below 45psi. I did the blue spring, but the kit was by Dorman and I may swap it out for an OEM one, my fuel pressure reads in the mid 80's. I can' speak for the Insight, I had an old cellphone lying around (I buy cheap phones) and use that for Torque and Forscan.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thesoulless, that's a Texas size 10-4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode