Rust Issue? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rust Issue?

I've been lurking for awhile and soaking up information as I've talked myself into and out of buying an Excursion over the past couple of years. I'm open to anything that has 4x4 and isn't a 5.4. I found one that I would have to travel to get but the price seemed pretty good. Unfortunately it is in Ohio and thus faces some snow/salt issues. I asked the seller for pictures of the underside so I could see how bad the rust is and this is what he sent me. Obviously there is plenty of surface rust and this isn't exactly a great shot but I'd love your input. Is it worth a look or should I keep shopping?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-19.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	712039  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
I have an 05 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4x4 6.0l that's a heck of a lot cleaner than that I would let go cheap. Pm me for more details...
post #3 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfinger View Post
I've been lurking for awhile and soaking up information as I've talked myself into and out of buying an Excursion over the past couple of years. I'm open to anything that has 4x4 and isn't a 5.4. I found one that I would have to travel to get but the price seemed pretty good. Unfortunately it is in Ohio and thus faces some snow/salt issues. I asked the seller for pictures of the underside so I could see how bad the rust is and this is what he sent me. Obviously there is plenty of surface rust and this isn't exactly a great shot but I'd love your input. Is it worth a look or should I keep shopping?
Unless it is REALLY cheap I would pass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 02:40 PM
Fire From the Clouds!

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Also ask for pics of the top and bottom insides of the doors behind the weather stripping, common place for rust to accumulate and one of the most PITA to fix.

2002 Ford F350-Lariat-CrewCab-LongBed-7.3L PowerStroke Intercooled Turbo Diesel!
2.5 PMF lift on 325/60r20 Nitto M/T's
Enough Stuff To Pull Yours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon122 View Post
Also ask for pics of the top and bottom insides of the doors behind the weather stripping, common place for rust to accumulate and one of the most PITA to fix.
I figured it would look less than great when all I got was the shot I showed above. I had asked for shots of the leafs and rockers when I sent the original request for additional pictures. If it wasn't in the city I'm headed to next week and on the lower end of my budget I would have just moved on based on what I've seen in the picture. Being in the south these days, I don't see a lot of local vehicles with that kind of rust unless it's been beach front, so I thought maybe I was being to critical.

Last diesel was an NPRHD.... next one will be more fun.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-19-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOTIE View Post
I have an 05 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4x4 6.0l that's a heck of a lot cleaner than that I would let go cheap. Pm me for more details...
absolutely interested but can't PM yet

Last diesel was an NPRHD.... next one will be more fun.

Last edited by colorfinger; 12-19-2018 at 03:37 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-06-2019, 01:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I live in northern Wisconsin were salt and rust are an every day event here. My ex hides its rust well. I would start with inner door at the bottom. That plastic molding that ford put all the way hides it until its to late. My does not have it to bad yet for around here standards but all 4 doors have it. As other have said, get photos of the doors all the way at the base of the doors and inner fenders. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode