Risky buy....Maybe - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-14-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Risky buy....Maybe

SO back story. Lost my prized (to me) 2005 Ford EX EB with 240K in divorce. Before I lost it I was pretty meticulous about maintenance. I'm not aware of the mileage on it now. Now I might have the opportunity to get it back. The mechanic that notified me about it said it was in the shop for a oil cooler repair but, my ex never came back for the vehicle. Do you guys think it's worth trying pursue or is just one of those let it go situations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Depending on how long it's been (sounds like a while) I would go look at it and see what it looks like now and make the decision from there. If your willing to put the work or cash into it to bring it back to where you want it to be I don't see why not get it back you can't buy a new one anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-16-2018, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Outside opinion:

if she knew it was your "prize" I would expect it to have taken her blunt wrath this entire time!

If it wasn't that long ago (<1yr) might be salvageable. Can't hurt to put eyes on [I]her[I] one more time - queue the Top Gun song...lmfao

Sorry just wanted to get ya to laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-16-2018, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
Depending on how long it's been (sounds like a while) I would go look at it and see what it looks like now and make the decision from there. If your willing to put the work or cash into it to bring it back to where you want it to be I don't see why not get it back you can't buy a new one anymore.
I imagine she would have taken care of it being that it was her mode of transportation. I wish we could buy these things new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0Castle View Post
Outside opinion:

if she knew it was your "prize" I would expect it to have taken her blunt wrath this entire time!

If it wasn't that long ago (<1yr) might be salvageable. Can't hurt to put eyes on [I]her[I] one more time - queue the Top Gun song...lmfao

Sorry just wanted to get ya to laugh.
I was thinking the same thing about the wrath but, she also had to haul our children it. It's been about 1 1/2 years since I have put my eyes on it. I just hope I can get it. MY mechanic can't get in touch with her and it's titled to her. I know that if I call her and ask for her to sign it over to me, she won't. I'm hoping she'll sign the title over to the mechanic and he'll sign it over to me. That's how it would go in a perfect world. I'll be putting on eyes in it next month so hopefully it will be available to me.

Last edited by lopealle; 10-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A little update:

A couple of more days until I go check it out.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-12-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So I've gone and came back from looking at the EX and I've decided I'm going to opt out. My friend (the mechanic) went over it with me and let me know that it had been run out of oil twice because my ex didn't/wouldn't address the oil cooler leak, it needs glow plugs, tow mirrors are broken, and some other things that I'm not willing to deal with. Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode