Shocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-27-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shocks

Im looking new shocks for my lifted excursion. What shocks are you guys running? I have searched and see lots of options for stock and f-250 but no so much lifted Ex. Also, is the shock the same for 250 and excursion?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I am not lifted and still running stock shocks, but I can give you my opinion!

Excursions sit on a F250 platform, so shocks should be similar if not the same. If you are 4wd you will have way more options than us 2wheelers. Most of the big names - are that for a reason - great product and (sometimes) not so great prices. Never searched for lift shocks, but Bilstein always show up.

I would check out 4wheel parts, Summit, etc. There is a vendor here that may pop up, but it's been a minute since your post. I think his name is Cary/Corey with CNC Fab. Should be able to help better than me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Excursion
183K and purring, Toyo R/T 285s, 4" Flo Pro, Atlas-40 FCIM tune, SCT X4 with looney, RiffRaff coolant filter/CAC boots, Hewitt/Marshall gauges (Pyro/Turbo/Fuel/EOT/ECT), Nations TAD-185 alternator, Big 3 cable/zoodad mods, Mobile 1, Delo ELC, when does it end?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to 6.0Castle For This Useful Post:
letsmow10 (09-04-2018)
post #3 of 5 Old 09-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Front shocks are the same as an f250, rears are not. Fox gets my vote for shocks.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SOOTIE For This Useful Post:
letsmow10 (09-04-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the stock f250 sits 2" higher than a stock 4x4 X so would think a shorter shock is needed.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Find out the brand of lift kit you have installed currently, call the maker and ask them for the length of the front and rear shocks usually they give you 2-3 lengths.

extended, collapsed, and static. Then find a good quality pair, rancho, pro comp, fox, bilstien blah blah and order the length you need for the front/rear.

*be advised shocks will not help ride quality very much at all. It will help keep tires wearing evenly by reducing air time tires have on bumpy roads but the front/rear springs are the BIGGEST influence you have on ride quality. Shocks help but even installing super overpriced fox units will not improve the ride drastically etc.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
The Following User Says Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
letsmow10 (12-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode