05X EB 4x4 - Slow Build - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 Old 08-21-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
05X

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates on suspension measurement? May not matter - planning on a 6" lift.

On another note - how do I go about identifying my PCM and FICM strategy codes. A few threads have indicated that certain tunes dont play well together - specifically atlas 40 + SRL depending on your codes. I'd like to get that dialed in before I start ordering them.

Thanks,

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Patrick
2005 6.0L Excursion EB 4x4
ARP Headstuds | EGR Delete | IPR Coolant Filter & Manifold
4" Diamond Eye Straight Piped Exhaust | K&N Intake
Glowshift 3in1 Gauges | Torque Pro via Android H/U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 08-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Sorry, last time I was at my truck I forgot a tape measure I put one in my other vehicle so I'll have it next time.

I can see mine from my X4, as far as finding out without buying a tuner maybe someone with IDS near you will be willing to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #13 of 27 Old 08-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

With V code springs, 3 in hangers, and 35" tires in the front 44 and 1/4th inches

Rear is 44 and 1/2 inches

Measurements were taken at the center of the fenders
05X likes this.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 Old 08-25-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
With V code springs, 3 in hangers, and 35" tires in the front 44 and 1/4th inches

Rear is 44 and 1/2 inches

Measurements were taken at the center of the fenders
So I must be stock. Going to 35s and 3in hangers would put me 1in lower in the front than you. Thanks - any pics of your rig?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Patrick
post #15 of 27 Old 08-25-2017, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Heres the most recent one I have where everything is still together and I just got done pressure washing the underside.

post #16 of 27 Old 01-23-2018, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Got my diamond eye 4" straight pipe exhaust added a month ago or so, with a 7"x15" tip. Have ordered the blue spring mod.
Truck goes under the knife ina few weeks;

ARP Studs, Ford head gaskets, IPR Coolant Filter kit w/ Manifold, EGR Delete, STC Fitting update, hpop screen, turbo feed and drain, new oil cooler, coolant flush & fill, pressure check/deck/machine heads.
Right around $4500.

Will also be getting SCT X4 with FICM and ECM tunes from PHP. Will mostly likely DD Atlas 80 + 140X.

Pretty stoke - hopefully this 10~ avg. MPG will go up a little.
post #17 of 27 Old 01-31-2018, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Changed my fuel filters last night, before dropping the truck off Friday. I couldn't believe how dirty the lower filter was... there was sand and grit in the cap, a lot, and both the top and bottom filters were completely brown/black. Feel better knowing they are changed, but concerned with the condition they were in and any potential damage it may have caused. The upper filter was collapsed on itself it was so dirty.

Seems to idle better though.
post #18 of 27 Old 02-22-2018, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Truck is back from the shop, and I couldn't be happier with the service or the outcome. They picked me up from the airport and even let me borrow one of their personal trucks that sports 200% sticks and a stage 3 KC turbo - it was MEAN - while they wrapped up my truck.
One Stop Truck Shop in Phoenix, AZ - great bunch of guys who really share the same enthusiasm about these 6.0s and pride themselves in doing it right. I won't hesitate to go back to them for additional work. Don, the front guy, is as solid as they come. He kept up with me texting him in the middle of the night while I crept up a mountain @ 10 mph half way through the trip.
In the end I had done:
ARP Headstuds, Gaskets, Heads machined and fluxed, Water Pump, Oil Cooler, STC Fitting and HPOP screen, Turbo feed and drain lines, Glow plugs + Harnesses + Module, EGR Delete, IPR Coolant Filter w Manifold, and your typical fluids job.

What can I say about the IPR Coolant Filter Kit and @turbo60 (Vince) -
The product is simply amazing. After the flush job, regardless of how thorough some may consider it, the filter was so plugged with 100 miles of driving that I couldn't stay below 225 ECT @ 30mph (Coolant @ 190). I called the shop and they highly doubted the issue was the filter, and was more than willing to dig into the truck and right the situation. My 3 hour drive home took 9 hours. The next morning (Today) I called Vince and asked his opinion, which in typical fashion, he spent more than the amount needed with me on the phone to describe everything in detail and his opinion of the issue, his filter. He sent me the instructions on cleaning it as well as some opinions on how we would update the install for better efficiency. All said and done, the filter was nasty, wouldn't flow at all, and after cleaning it, delta's won't break 6F unless I am doing a big nasty burnout.

Vince has demonstrated customer service beyond that of anything I would consider great, he simply has an ear and will bend it for as long as you have questions, and never once make you feel stupid for talking or asking dumb questions. He gave me over an hour of his time before I even purchased anything from him and helped me decide on my game-plan for the truck WHILE outright telling me that what I was looking at wasn't needed... his own product. But said it's an additional layer of protection and longevity on an otherwise failure prone part, the oil cooler. In my book, you can't beat that.

All this topped with PHP's 140X tune, and to be paired with a Hercules FICM tune, soon as I install my gauges and get an eye on EGTs.
It's very refined down low, but when you want to make the tires scream it's on demand. Shifts great, has great DD manners, and will leave an 11 on the ground for as long as I want to stay in it.

all in all, I am stoked.

can't wait to get the suspension, and wheels/tires done.
G8orFord likes this.

Last edited by 05X; 02-22-2018 at 03:18 PM.
post #19 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Always something, right?

So I am getting a p0299 code now - It gets pending trouble code status immediately on startup, then throws the CEL as soon as I get into boost. I've cleared it twice now.

The VGT does sweep on startup, at least my understanding of it: first just exhaust grumble, then sweeps to full on jet engine mode and stays there.
As for boost, I am getting 1 PSI on idle, 5-7 PSI on light throttle cruising around.. I see 13-15 PSI with mild throttle, and a max of 19.1 PSI peak on WOT (which is lower than before, used to peg 24 PSI stock tune).

FICM reads 49 to 50 at all times

HPOP PSI:
750~ Cold Idle
550~ Hot Idle
1200~ maintaining 50
4200~ WOT

I don't really detect any power loss, although I can't be certain of this. I've only driven it 3-4 times after tuning it... it's way more powerful than stock, but maybe not as powerful as it should be?
I can brake boost to 17 PSI no problem, and spin it in 4 high. Idles fine.

I don't have a handle on Fuel pressure yet - will be installing gauges this weekend.

The only thing I can say I notice as different would be while cold idling, after that VGT sweeps, the truck does a quick little rev, and it smokes slightly during cold idle. The smoking goes away as soon as it is warm.

Waiting to hear back from the shop regarding the turbo - I had them inspect it and they said all looked good, but I don't know if they cracked it open to inspect the unison ring.

Where would I look for a boost leak, and would that cause the code if I am seeing 19 PSI peak? Anything else I am missing?

Last edited by 05X; 02-23-2018 at 12:51 PM.
post #20 of 27 Old 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
05X

Garage
Now no engine code, but -3 boost at idle... WTF.

At a loss.

From 6.0 powered Android

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode