Low mile Excursion - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

 24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 699
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low mile Excursion

Ok this is the add lacking



Second page of the PPI


And this is the 45k mile one
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5835089339.html


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Premium Member
 
Master_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 2
Thanked 214 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think the 45K one is really overpriced


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Master_Chase is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Master_Chase For This Useful Post:
5.9and6.0 (11-05-2016)
post #13 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 699
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
I think the 45K one is really overpriced

What is a reasonable price?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Premium Member
 
darkpassenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,612
Thanks: 910
Thanked 105 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dayem 45k!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Excursion 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x2
HidFog Kit 13" 50" led Curved
Kc Stage 2
4 inch Turboback
Egr Gone
58V Fcm
Leveled
33s
Srlxx
Studded Hgs Bulletproof Hd Oil Cooler Etc By Sean Aka Ricmiester at Lox Dce
Blue Spring mod and too much more to mention.
darkpassenger is offline  
post #15 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Premium Member
 
Master_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 2
Thanked 214 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I sent the 45K one to my uncle since he finds and sells cars for people to see what price he thinks is reasonable but hasn't replied yet. At the end of the day it's a 12-year-old truck I think that $25K is about what it's worth.
darkpassenger likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Master_Chase is offline  
post #16 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Premium Member
 
darkpassenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,612
Thanks: 910
Thanked 105 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
Well I sent the 45K one to my uncle since he finds and sells cars for people to see what price he thinks is reasonable but hasn't replied yet. At the end of the day it's a 12-year-old truck I think that $25K is about what it's worth.
These trucks aren't made anymore I've seen alot with that price and more. I bought mine for 10k with 190k but have about 30+ invested so that it runs well and is stout. That truck looks nice wonder if there is some warranty on it for that price if so what does it include?
I didnt pay that cuz I didn't have that kind of money all together. Look on ebay you will see what they go for. If I had the money and had the truck looked over by my mechanic @LoxDiesel and he oked it I'd buy it in a heartbeat. (if I had that kinda money at the time )

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Excursion 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x2
HidFog Kit 13" 50" led Curved
Kc Stage 2
4 inch Turboback
Egr Gone
58V Fcm
Leveled
33s
Srlxx
Studded Hgs Bulletproof Hd Oil Cooler Etc By Sean Aka Ricmiester at Lox Dce
Blue Spring mod and too much more to mention.
darkpassenger is offline  
post #17 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Premium Member
 
Master_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 2
Thanked 214 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
These trucks aren't made anymore I've seen alot with that price and more. I bought mine for 10k with 190k but have about 30+ invested so that it runs well and is stout. That truck looks nice wonder if there is some warranty on it for that price if so what does it include?
I didnt pay that cuz I didn't have that kind of money all together. Look on ebay you will see what they go for. If I had the money and had the truck looked over by my mechanic @LoxDiesel and he oked it I'd buy it in a heartbeat. (if I had that kinda money at the time )

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I get the fact they aren't made anymore but that's a lot of money for an old truck. To put it in perspective last year my uncle put a guy in a 2003 7.3 Limited Excursion with 80K miles for $24.9K that was 100% MINT nothing wrong with it anyway the frame and underside didn't have any dirt or rust, it looked like it just left the factory. While it did have more miles the 7.3 carries a good premium over the 6.0, also my dad paid $42K back in 2003 when he bought the Limited Excursion in my sig. There's only so much you can ask before you just buy a newer 6.7 pickup and convert it to an Excursion (there are companies that do this)

EDIT: 2005 is the worst year Excursion to get because Ford knew it was the last year and cuts a lot of corners on the 05s.
darkpassenger likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Master_Chase; 11-05-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Master_Chase is offline  
post #18 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Premium Member
 
darkpassenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,612
Thanks: 910
Thanked 105 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
I get the fact they aren't made anymore but that's a lot of money for an old truck. To put it in perspective last year my uncle put a guy in a 2003 7.3 Limited Excursion with 80K miles for $24.9K that was 100% MINT nothing wrong with it anyway the frame and underside didn't have any dirt or rust, it looked like it just left the factory. While it did have more miles the 7.3 carries a good premium over the 6.0, also my dad paid $42K back in 2003 when he bought the Limited Excursion in my sig. There's only so much you can ask before you just buy a newer 6.7 pickup and convert it to an Excursion (there are companies that do this)

EDIT: 2005 is the worst year Excursion to get because Ford knew it was the last year and cuts a lot of corners on the 05s.
Exactly! you can probably get a 6.7 pickup for that price but it won't be an excursion! Excursions are actually cheaper with high mileage than their pickup counterparts. But with low miles they are rare and expensive.
I'm not saying it's the way to go but they are extremely overpriced and rare with low miles . I don't make the market it is what it is. And also keeping in mind if you are going to beat the crap out of it as I do. You are better getting one with a little more mileage and delete studded it oringed heads bpd goodies (as I did and you are good to go) Also bang for the buck 6.0 might be the best bet.


Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Excursion 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x2
HidFog Kit 13" 50" led Curved
Kc Stage 2
4 inch Turboback
Egr Gone
58V Fcm
Leveled
33s
Srlxx
Studded Hgs Bulletproof Hd Oil Cooler Etc By Sean Aka Ricmiester at Lox Dce
Blue Spring mod and too much more to mention.
darkpassenger is offline  
post #19 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Premium Member
 
Master_Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 2
Thanked 214 Times in 211 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
Exactly! you can probably get a 6.7 pickup for that price but it won't be an excursion! Excursions are actually cheaper with high mileage than their pickup counterparts. But with low miles they are rare and expensive.
I'm not saying it's the way to go but they are extremely overpriced and rare with low miles . I don't make the market it is what it is. And also keeping in mind if you are going to beat the crap out of it as I do. You are better getting one with a little more mileage and delete studded it oringed heads bpd goodies (as I did and you are good to go) Also bang for the buck 6.0 might be the best bet.

https://youtu.be/8o2LGuzl0go

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Not around where I live the Excursion carries a premium over the pickups even if it has 400K miles on it. The 6.0 might be the best bang for buck engine till you have to stud it, the $$$ spent on the one in my sig was easily double what most people spend to bulletproof it and 2 years later I'm was back at square one.
darkpassenger likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Master_Chase is offline  
post #20 of 52 Old 11-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Premium Member
 
darkpassenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,612
Thanks: 910
Thanked 105 Times in 96 Posts
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Chase View Post
Not around where I live the Excursion carries a premium over the pickups even if it has 400K miles on it. The 6.0 might be the best bang for buck engine till you have to stud it, the $$$ spent on the one in my sig was easily double what most people spend to bulletproof it and 2 years later I'm was back at square one.
Damn how the hell? I spent about 10k+ basically what it cost me. I drove it like a 17 year old for about 2 years. Still going strong. I have some stiction but 190/100s are on the list soon. Hearing that freaks me out. Are you sure they did a good job? Cuz damn I'm pretty hard on mine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Excursion 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x2
HidFog Kit 13" 50" led Curved
Kc Stage 2
4 inch Turboback
Egr Gone
58V Fcm
Leveled
33s
Srlxx
Studded Hgs Bulletproof Hd Oil Cooler Etc By Sean Aka Ricmiester at Lox Dce
Blue Spring mod and too much more to mention.
darkpassenger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome