6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front windows

Iíll be tearing into the doors on my 07 CC to replace my chrome handles with some black ones. At this time, I will be replacing the front mirrors and adding some sound deadening to the doors as well. Both front windows are scratched up pretty bad and thought it would probably be best to go a head and change out the windows and seals as well. Being that I keep reading that windows getting scratched are a regular occurrence, Iím not even sure if itís worth doing or if I should replace everything (regulators, seals, windows, etc) at the same time. It appears that this replacement isnít hard, just time consuming, or is it recommended that I should leave this to a pro? My front windows arnít tinted and Iíd like to get them done, but not with the windows being currently scratched to hell.

-Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Garage
Depending how deep the scratches are, you could polish them out

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Scratches are pretty deep. I could try it and see how it goes, but Iím afraid I would just be wasting my time and money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Garage
I'd say it all depends on your budget and how much work you feel like doing. If it was me, I would go ahead and replace it all with new. You can get two brand new tinted windows, all seals and door weatherstrip for less than 500 bucks. Not sure about no tint windows. Can't imagine not wanting tinted where I live.

Front Door Glass and Weatherstrip Seals | 1999-15 Ford F250 - F350 - F450 - F550 Super Duty | LMC Truck

ďAnyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.Ē Douglas Adams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I'd say it all depends on your budget and how much work you feel like doing. If it was me, I would go ahead and replace it all with new. You can get two brand new tinted windows, all seals and door weatherstrip for less than 500 bucks. Not sure about no tint windows. Can't imagine not wanting tinted where I live.

Front Door Glass and Weatherstrip Seals | 1999-15 Ford F250 - F350 - F450 - F550 Super Duty | LMC Truck
Pretty good deal there, wonder what % tint they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode