5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 10-03-2018, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dedc vs trail ridge 08+ mirrors

As I recently purchased a large travel trailer, I am thinking it is time to replace the stock 03 tow mirrors on my f250 with the 2008+ style. I have been looking around and have settled on either the dedc or the trail ridge mirrors, but I can not decide which ones are right for me. I am looking for opinions of others who have the mirrors in question. Here are my pros and cons for each mirror as well

Dedc

Pros
*cheaper initial purchase price
*orange marker light lens
*some decent reviews
*adapter included as I am not sure which type of adapter I have

Cons
*fit of mirrors is not perfect (seen videos on YT showing a gap on the drivers side)
*most of the top reviews on amazon are lower rated due to fit issues

trail ridge

Pros
*from the 1aauto video the quality looks very high quality
*1aauto rep on this board to provide assistance
*decent reviews

Cons
*smoke marker light lens
*some unknowns such as does it come with a wiring adapter in case I need it. What is the fit like on the truck
*higher price

Really both mirrors only have a few cons, personally I think a smoke lens would look odd without other smoke lights which I don't have and have no plans to go to. I like the look of the orange lens personally. However if I am getting a significantly better product I will live with it happily. I am not really concerned about spending the extra money if it is money well spent.

I also see 1aauto has a power folding kit, I personally do not think it is worth the extra to add just power folding as I rearly do this (although that would change if I had power folding), however if there was a power folding/power extending kit, I would pay the extra for that. I know there are kits that add that to the 6.0 but that is $2300 and I just will not spend that much money on that kit. I would pay in the $750 range for that option. So if the 1aauto rep is reading and if that is a future option let me know you may have a future customer.

Thanks All

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 10-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@1AAuto.com has some good options, but I chose to go with the '17+ style on mine. I think they match the overall look of the truck better.
Syppo has the '17+ style, but can't seem to keep them in stock. They are power and heated mirrors with the clear marker lights. Manual fold and extend.

I liked the '17+ style on my 6.0 so much I went out and bought a 2017 truck that had them with power fold and extend. LOL

Edit: I tried to get 1Aauto to get the '17+ style but they never got around to it. I haven't checked back lately though.
john galt likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 10-04-2018 at 03:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G8orFord For This Useful Post:
JPGale (10-04-2018)
post #3 of 43 Old 10-03-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the 17 mirrors are nice, I love the 17 trucks, but for my 03 I would prefer the 08 style over the 17 style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 10-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Then you've answered your own question. You cannot go wrong with the 1Aauto mirrors. Many on here have installed them and I have not heard/read a single complaint.

Edit: @1AAuto.com sell this man some mirrors. Do you have the '08+ style with clear marker lights?

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure

Last edited by G8orFord; 10-03-2018 at 04:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G8orFord For This Useful Post:
JPGale (10-04-2018)
post #5 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,098 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Quoted: 3110 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yall send heavy those old generation mirrors so they arent taking up space in the Garage.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heavy_GD For This Useful Post:
JPGale (10-04-2018)
post #6 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 06:45 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1AAuto mirrors hands down. Wife bought me a pair 2 years ago and still look/function great. If you go to their website look for your year make and model ford and it will show the various 2008+ mirror options and include necessary wire harnesses.

Don't just look at mirrors for a 2008+ otherwise you have to order the wire harness separate. Also calling them makes quick work of questions they are very helpful.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
JPGale (10-04-2018)
post #7 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

I think I am about 95% of the way to making the order for 1aauto at the moment. @JustinOOO9 how is the fit on the doors for your mirrors. @Heavy_GD I have not decided what I am going to do with the mirrors, I tend to keep the old parts that I have upgraded as spares just in case. Then again I also keep the parts I need to get rid of due to the wish to properly dispose of them for recycling and not having the faintest idea how to do that

Thanks all, I will update once I have pull the trigger on my purchase.

James
Heavy_GD likes this.
post #8 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGale View Post
I think I am about 95% of the way to making the order for 1aauto at the moment. @JustinOOO9 how is the fit on the doors for your mirrors. @Heavy_GD I have not decided what I am going to do with the mirrors, I tend to keep the old parts that I have upgraded as spares just in case. Then again I also keep the parts I need to get rid of due to the wish to properly dispose of them for recycling and not having the faintest idea how to do that

Thanks all, I will update once I have pull the trigger on my purchase.

James

I was very nervous about ordering mirrors that cost $1000 plus from the dealer for under $300 naturally of course. I give fit and finish a 10 out of 10. No bs, I don't get anything from 1aauto for saying that either. They also come with two pairs of upper covers. Black and chrome. I have power mirrors but not power telescoping or folding and work great. The biggest plus was the improved visability esp when towing/backing up and improving the look. Nothing against the other brand you mentioned but I would encourage you to order from 1aauto. I have a mirror on my little commuter car from them (perfect fit and color), numerous window motors and regulators and raising/lower assemblies on some friends older cars and all work. The window regulator and assembly is now 7+years old now too and my mirrors have been through 4 road trips, -20 degrees and 115 with zero issues.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

Justin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
JPGale (10-04-2018)
post #9 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
I was very nervous about ordering mirrors that cost $1000 plus from the dealer for under $300 naturally of course. I give fit and finish a 10 out of 10. No bs, I don't get anything from 1aauto for saying that either. They also come with two pairs of upper covers. Black and chrome. I have power mirrors but not power telescoping or folding and work great. The biggest plus was the improved visability esp when towing/backing up and improving the look. Nothing against the other brand you mentioned but I would encourage you to order from 1aauto. I have a mirror on my little commuter car from them (perfect fit and color), numerous window motors and regulators and raising/lower assemblies on some friends older cars and all work. The window regulator and assembly is now 7+years old now too and my mirrors have been through 4 road trips, -20 degrees and 115 with zero issues.
Thank you Justin, I just placed my order These are the one I have ordered https://www.1aauto.com/ford-mirror-p...1093546&y=2003

I have found it hard to see quite where the back of my trailer is when reversing using the stock mirrors I really feel the bigger lower mirror will help a lot. I am excited.

James
post #10 of 43 Old 10-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Congrats man! you'll love the visibility improvement and it will help with traffic in your area. Be sure to post a pic and just a heads up. They look HUGE coming out of the box compared to your original ones. But, once installed they look much more proportioned on the truck.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode