• 1 Post By bas157

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Body mount replacement questions

So I need to replace the body mount on my 2005 Supercab, its the back right one.
I've got a Dorman replacement coming tomorrow and have sprayed the mount and bolt head with Kroil. It doesn't look to rusty, just the rubber is rotted enough that it failed state inspection.

It seems like it shouldn't be too hard to replace but I'm wondering if I need to loosen any of the other body mount bolts to replace the rear one?
Or should there be enough flex in the body that I can just use some wood blocks and a floor jack and swap the mount without touching any other mounts?

I'll have a better idea when the part comes tomorrow, but when you spin the bolt up in the cab, what keeps it from spinning on underneath at the frame mount? I didn't see any place to put a wrench underneath.

Thanks
Bruce

2005 F-250 supercab longbed 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,086 Times in 1,014 Posts
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 2593 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The mount is supposed to lock in place, but if it's too far gone, sometimes you may have to hold it with a big pair of pliers or something. I'd recommend an impact wrench for the job. Yes you will need to loosen or remove additional mounts to get enough space to replace it or you will damage the cab. I was able to replace the back ones on a crew cab by removing the back two and loosening the middle two and tilting the cab forward. I think most recommend removing all of one side and tilting the cab to the side. I'm not sure how the supercab mounting points are configured.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 6 Old 07-01-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

I got the replacement part today but I'm a little confused as to what hold the bottom metal 'washer with a post' and the lower rubber mount to the truck (2 left most parts in the picture)?? Is it just friction? I thought the threaded part was on the lower washer but is actually on a part that sits above the frame mount.. When the assembly is together, I can just pull the two left most parts (in the picture) apart by hand. Since these are the 2 parts that are below the frame body mount. I don't know what keeps them from just falling off the truck? Friction? I'm thinking the threaded part might compress outward a bit and put compression on the sleeve on the bottom washer thing (left most gray part), or the rubber squishes and holds it on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bodymount.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	704287  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Is not that lower plate threaded, thus the bolt should screw directly into it?
It is recommended to loosen all other cab mounts before trying to remove one.

Lyle - Gettin a good handle on this diesel stuff now !!

2006 F350 CC LB DRW KING RANCH
Banks 4 inch - Turbo Back
Sinister Coolant Filter
EGR Delete with new up pipe
Ford Oil Cooler replacement
Blue Spring Update
SCT Livewire TS
Scan Gauge II (On a shelf somewhere)
Snap On and OTC scanners for the heavy diagnostics
Rebuilt FICM from Ron (RIP)
So Many Vehicles to Fix, So Little Time
post #5 of 6 Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEMUP View Post
Is not that lower plate threaded, thus the bolt should screw directly into it?
It is recommended to loosen all other cab mounts before trying to remove one.
No, I thought it would be! the lower plate has no threads, there does appear to be something kinda like a thin tube with a few 'teeth' in the gray part, but the threads are in the silver part, which I guess gets sandwiched between the body and the beige part (which sits on top of the Frame body mount).
Below is an 'exploded' picture of what I've got.

The silver and beige part do like like the factory Ford part seen here: https://www.amazon.com/Ford-5C3Z-100.../dp/B001H1KFJ2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	704291  

post #6 of 6 Old 07-01-2018, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

OK, it seems my confusion is that the part from Dorman was NOT put together in the right orientation! The silver part in my exploded picture is actually underneath the body mount with the beige part above it, the gray part and the black part must sit above the frame mount.
FIXEMUP likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode