HELP I've tried everything? NO Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-22-2020, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK I don't think I'll get a reply but at lease I can vent.Have a 07 6.0l no start. I have 53.0 FICM, Sync,IRP will reach well over 500psi, even over 1000 psi, IPR at 85% but will get back down to 60% or so and try to start. Batters very good and hot. Placed a rest fitting and gauge at the IPR Valve port Held pressure for 12+ hours. Just put studs, OEM Ford Headgaskets, hipo fitting, Weleded up EGR Cooler, New Ford Oil Cooler, new idlers, Up graded water pump, Mismito radiator, Cooling filter system, Blue spring and banjo fittings upgraded, new dummy & Stand pipes FORD's upgraded one, 54Volt FICM, new glow plugs and harness, Turbo Cleaned, new IPR & IPC valve and sensor. So, what am I missing here? I have oil pressure on gauge cluster, new oil correct Ford Filter and cap new degas bottle and cap. I've cranked on this thing a lot and I mean a lot. So what did I do wrong? I am a pretty fair mechanic and pay attention to detail. I have noticed some exhaust smoke on top of the intake manifold when it do try and start, but just never has started. What or when is the smoke coming from? No I have not ran a compression test, truck was running great then started spitting out water and blew off the degas cap so head gaskets and studs. SUGGESTION?? Thanks I've watched a lot of videos!!

Where you think the smoke on top maybe coming from? I can't crank and watch at same time
I'll try and find someone to help with that.

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 01-22-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-22-2020, 10:33 AM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Well the only things I can think of are:
Can you hear your fuel pump running?
What is your fuel pressure reading?
Make sure your connectors are fully clicked locked on the FICM.
BTL
Vegasmax777 likes this.

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4 SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8 draw tube
post #3 of 17 Old 01-22-2020, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Great advice, I don't have Fuel Pressure reading but will, fuel pumps running I believe FICM is plugged in good, but I will check again. I also will check plugs on fender well by the battery driver's side, I did pull the cab so I unplugged these as well. I checked all the grounds all looks good. This is my first time to pull a cab but it went smooth and pretty easy and the same going back together. I'll check Fuel Pressure and FICM Connections. ( have got it to start just for a bit sounds like a jack hammer) it will be late tomorrow before I can look at it again, Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-22-2020, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Garage
What are the codes?

Forscan is the best for pulling codes - unless you have a Snap-On tool
Vegasmax777 likes this.

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-22-2020, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Crank RPM?
Do you get injector clatter on all injectors and KOEO?
Bubble Test?
Vegasmax777 likes this.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-23-2020, 06:00 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,086 Times in 1,014 Posts
Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
After you verify FP and injector clatter, double check your FICM connections. Then check your FICM connections.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #7 of 17 Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

will do thanks
post #8 of 17 Old 01-24-2020, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK Guys, did all the above. I think I have a FICM Harness issue, I've cable tied it and that seamed to help. Finally got it to start!
But I have questions on what I am seeing on my Scangauge II The ICP is 578 @ idle 689rpm the FMP is 54.5 volts and the one I am concerned about is the IPR Valve being @ 73.8 @ just idle! What gives? I did a air test at the IRP valve port w/gauge and it held 80 PSI for 12 hours...so do I still have a Hi Pressure oil leak? Where & How?? @ 2302 RMP the IPR Valve is up to 86.7 percent! ICP @ 1481 psi. Where do I go from here. Also truck throttle is late coming back down after I rev it up a little bit? And truck doesn't have the normal amount of seat of the pants power at normal driving. All related I am sure. Hope you guys have some insite into this for me. Thanks!
post #9 of 17 Old 01-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
First of all, 80psi is pretty low. When you say "held for 12 hours" do you mean you turned off the air supply and it held at 80? What was the applied PSI?

Is your new IPR a motorcraft part? If not, I'd recommend you try a motorcraft part. If yes, I'd check the the ipr pigtail and voltage. Make sure you are getting full voltage at the power side of the IPR and that the control (ground) is truly getting close to zero on the 'on' pulses.

Might be nice to measure the IPR resistance as well.

It's rare for a later model 6.0 to have an weak HPOP issue.

I'll keep thinking about this.

For those who say earlier edits of this.. I beg forgiveness. I'm exhausted and should have left this response for the morning.
Vegasmax777 likes this.

Last edited by bigjimnv; 01-24-2020 at 10:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjimnv For This Useful Post:
Vegasmax777 (01-28-2020)
post #10 of 17 Old 01-25-2020, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Might want to pull the IPR valve and check for trash on the screen, or even a torn screen.
Vegasmax777 likes this.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 , 85% , ficm , no start , smoke on top of engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode