Concern My Diesel Shop ...just parts swapper - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-2020, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Concern My Diesel Shop ...just parts swapper

This engine has had a lot of work but still runs rough at times. The latest repair is remove both high pressure manifolds to put on 8 nipples that fit on top of ejectors. They could hear them leak okay. We let em put new orings on high pressure pump--probably not needed.

I am afraid of the next call from them........I understand the repair they are doing, I don't kn ow if it will fix our problem. If he comes back a says that he needs to.....do more I am thinking about saying I will pay for the parts you put in but not the $2000 labor...now go fix it.

When it went in it had no boost and I told him. He said unless it gets under load you won't see boost. I told him to call me to pick up turbo when he got it off. I found that it was froze solid....had I not took control of trhat that would have been another $2500...he won't rebuild...this a very large shop with lot of work. It is our second shop on this truck

He already put in 3 injectors on passenger side and HE DIDN'Tnotice that nipples were LEAKING $2000 gone ON THAT REPAIR A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. Another shop put one injector on passenger side and no new nipples

Last edited by ed2hess; 01-12-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Without knowing why the injectors were swapped, I could not comment. For example perhaps the injectors faulted a contribution test and were swapped out. Since its not a no start, there’s no reason to pressure check it. However, I don’t see how he could know they were nipple injectors by the noise. I would think you’d need to see it leak by pulling the valve covers.

As I read this, I would think you may need to search for a diesel mechanic. A shop with many 6.0s sitting out front. A diesel shop. If you do this you start without any warranty though.

I may be missing something though. There’s no common method to trouble shoot all problems. I recently brought my truck to a shop for an exhaust leak under extreme load. I found a shop that would tow my RV to troubleshoot the leak. The shop assumed some risk for that, which they charged me for, and after a couple hours labor, they called back with an estimate, but was cleat that there may be something else that causing the problem.

2005 F250, 189,000 Miles
Bullet Proof HD Oil Cooler w/ Cold Weather Kit, Bullet Proof EGR, Bulletproof Water Pump, 7.3 Fan Clutch
Airlift 5k Airbags and Wireless Air
Edge CTS w/ EGT probe and Fuel Pressure Sensor.
15 MPG slick; 10 MPG towing 11k fifth wheel
Ravelco

6.0 Flush Procedure:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good 6.0 Reading:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode