• 1 Post By bismic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-16-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
studder/surging

I need some help guys, I have a 2006 f250 6.0 and it started surging in a way when I start driving it in the mornings, and will do it till it warms up to about 120... that being said I let it warm up till 90+....... just wounding if I could get pointed in the right direction on what it could possibly be causing it and how to check it if possible. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Do you have any way to get some readings from the truck? ICP/IPR/VGT/Ficm/fuel pressure?

Just shooting from the hip it could be stiction/bad fuel filters/bad ICP/IPR/Fuel pressure/wrong oil/wrong oil filter/vgt sticking and much more....

03 7.3l 550, FRx, 6637 mod, 4 inch turbo back, ccv delete, aih delete, HPx, Riffraffs OCR, Turbo-pyro-boost-coolant EV2 gauges, Bullydog GT tuner.

03 X 6.0 175/30 warren sticks, Livewire TS w/ warren tunes, Blue spring mod, atlas 40 ficm, 270amp dc power alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
goats lives matter.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-16-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm still trying tug o figure this site out but I have new icp, ipr, motorcraft Ford oil and filters and a fresh rebuilt turbo. was wondering if it could be my ficm dropping voltage for some reason...I do have a scanner I was goin to try tomorrow to see what it pulls up but its ond of the bluetooth obdII ones the you use your phone with so I dont know if that'll work or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-16-2019, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
That will work. Use either torque pro or forscan
Hydro likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2006 View Post
I'm still trying tug o figure this site out but I have new icp, ipr, motorcraft Ford oil and filters and a fresh rebuilt turbo. was wondering if it could be my ficm dropping voltage for some reason...I do have a scanner I was goin to try tomorrow to see what it pulls up but its ond of the bluetooth obdII ones the you use your phone with so I dont know if that'll work or not
Using Torque, you will need to add the Ford specific PID's to get all the information for these trucks
you will see the addon in the options

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-17-2019, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
While you are waiting to set up the scan tool, you might try disconnecting the ICP sensor and see if that helps any.
jokester00 likes this.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

alrighty I will give er a shot and see what happens thanks guys
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

k I'm starting to lose hope with this haha... so last 6 months has entailed a new ipr valve, vgt valve, and I just replaced the icp and ebp sensors today with a fresh oil change, the exhaust back pressure circuit code went away.... now the only code I get is a obdII code.... so I cant for the life of me figure out why it's still got a studded when goin down the raod... I'm running t6 rotella just like I always have and buying all motorcraft filters like always... any help would be much appreciated... another things I checked was my ficm which stays right at 48.4 volts plus or minus .2 V....... I did have someone say it could be my egr valve is that possible? and my truck is stock except 4 in exhaust and a edge programmer that was in it when I bought it.....thank in advance for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode