Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injectors

624 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  HD 
#1 ·
Okay so just looking for opinions on if this is a good idea or bad. I have a 1200km trip in about a week as I am moving. And just the other day my truck (05 6.0) started getting a slight knocking noise which I am assuming is an injector or two. And starts like a bag of **** from sitting over night. But after a minuite runs and drives great with full power. I have a set of injectors for it, but I don't have the time right now to switch them. Does injector cleaner work, or is it just a gimmick and result in totally destroying them.? And I just changed both fuel filters and oil. New ficm and a new alternator in it. Which right after I did that it started doing all of this.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Check for codes
Check your FICM connectors
Check your grounds

-jokester

#3 ·
Ground is good. It has over 13volts on the gauge at all times. Ficm is at 48.5 at all times. Does injector cleaner work though or an oil additive? I'm going to check IPR screen tomorrow as I replaced the hpop about a month ago. Maybe some dirt got in there while I was doing it.

#4 ·
New ficm and a new alternator in it. Which right after I did that it started doing all of this.

Thanks.
THIS is why I said check your codes and FICM connectors.

-jokester

Reactions: Hydro
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.