LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-08-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HPO leak after injector replacement

Truck is an 06 model

Replaced the #6 and #3 injector in my truck after i got tired of my stiction problems with no help from archoil, replaced both injectors with no problem got it all back together changed oil and filter and gave her a try. Cranked on it twice about 20 seconds each time and no luck. Changed my scanguage II to watch icp, ipr, ficm, and ficm syc.

Ficm never dropped below 48 volts and syc was good. Now the problem area ipr jumped straight to 84.7, icp stayed 0 until it slowly climbed to 54 after about 20 seconds of cranking.

I tried to take a shortcut and not replace dummy plugs or standpipes while i was in there, so i pulled those back out and o-rings look good but i ordered a set anyways, also ordered an ipr valve, havent gotten a chance to pull it out yet as im waiting on the special socket they make to do so. All parts are supposed to arive wednesday.

Just thought id hop on here and post my problems and get some input from others while i wait.

And yes I knew it was a rookie move to not replace the dummy plugs and standpipes lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Garage
It makes it a lot easier to prime the system if you remove the ICP sensor and crank till oil comes out -- the pump has to work against the air pressure in the rails with no place for the air to go
john galt likes this.

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-08-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Hydro

I’ll give it a try, I currently have everything apart with the valve covers on with just a couple bolts so I can throw the new parts on, I’ll give that a try after I get it back together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-08-2019, 08:26 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3074 Post(s)
pretty common for the orings on the injectors to get nicked and cause an issue...might want to recheck that

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #5 of 11 Old 07-09-2019, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was really careful putting them in, they went in really easy and torqued them down to 26 ft lb. I had to pull the oil rail back off to remove the lower part of the standpipes and all the nipples on the oil rail look good along with the top of the injectors

At this point I’m just hoping it’s not an sct fitting lol I’ve already put an oil cooler and egr delete on it and was hoping I didn’t need to be back in it that far anytime soon
post #6 of 11 Old 07-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Smith View Post
I was really careful putting them in, they went in really easy and torqued them down to 26 ft lb. I had to pull the oil rail back off to remove the lower part of the standpipes and all the nipples on the oil rail look good along with the top of the injectors

At this point I’m just hoping it’s not an sct fitting lol I’ve already put an oil cooler and egr delete on it and was hoping I didn’t need to be back in it that far anytime soon
The stc should have been a priority if your in that far -- just sayin

General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did the oil cooler and egr last September, just doing injectors now, I didn’t have and problems till after I put the injectors in so I don’t think it would be an stc, just hoping it’s not with my bad luck lol
post #8 of 11 Old 07-10-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got done putting in new ipr valve, (screen was intact on the old one and plunger worked fine) put the new one on anyways, and put in new dummy plugs and standpipes, put it all back together cycled the key about 5 times then cranked on it watching my scanguage ipr- 85, icp a flat zero the whole time, ficm 48 volts and ficm syc 1

So i unplugged the icp sensor and cranked on it then i got ipr 57.2, icp 1242 and ficm the same as usual

Does this mean I just have a bad icp sensor??
post #9 of 11 Old 07-10-2019, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I took the icp sensor out and cranked it under the hood until oil came out of the hole, it only took two 20 second cranks, how much and how fast should it come out of the hole? After I got in and tried starting it with it still unplugged and it didn’t fire, but my batteries were low and I was only cranking at about 137 rpm
post #10 of 11 Old 07-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

Garage
"...So i unplugged the icp sensor and cranked on it then i got ipr 57.2, icp 1242 and ficm the same as usual"
Those are the system inferred values -- plug the sensor back in

The driver side oil rail will still be full of air-- a few more cranks will be needed

No codes popping up?

General note:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode