Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0L just got it running, wrench of death, CEL

4K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  bismic 
#1 ·
I am getting the attached codes with my AE scanner. Fully rebuilt motor, rebuilt ficm, rebuilt turbo, used 2 different EBP sensors, cleaned MAP, showing MAP, EBP, etc around the same pressure. I have a straight pipe exhaust on it now, egr delete, torqued everything putting it together. Studded, blue fuel spring with great pressure, stc fixed, 12mm stand pipes, everything. What could be going wrong? Was the turbo reassembled incorrectly? Something else? Help!!

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I replaced the engine and injector wiring harnesses, the cel is off and wrench light is gone, it is still running a bit odd. It runs very well, but it seems like it cackles a bit, then whistles. The oil pressure gauge goes up and down and goes middle to zero. It is giving me a code for the oil pressure gauge. I need to get the AE scanner hooked up again, but at idle everything seemed fine. Ebp is back to normal. Cel is off.

#32 ·
Well to all that were looking in on this thread, I found out that the person who assembled this engine did so without utilizing the piston oilers. So basically there were 8 holes just pouring out my oil pressure into the pan. I have gotten it running correctly, rebuilt the turbo because it was smoked because of the lack of oil pressure, and it was running good other than one of my injectors. I had it rebuilt, and it actually came apart in the engine, the spool valve portion separated from the injector body. Body stayed in the engine bolted down with the hold down clamp, and the top came off with the oil rail, still connected to its solenoid harness. I have been fighting with this thing for over a year now, but I am very close to getting it completed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.