Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsgripworks View Post
Done deal. Friday is d day. Thanks for all your help and patience. I will report Saturday once I get to Miami. If you are ever in my neck of the woods (Sebring,Florida) lunch and beers are on me. Thanks again brother.
Lol, that G8tor's country, I'm in Ohio.
Lol. Btw I am a huge bengals fan. Like probably one of the very few die hard fans this far south. And also I worked on getting those torx screws loose today so I got that covered. Will work on the block plugs tomorrow. They were definitely a pain in the neck but I was ready for them.
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 116 Old 10-03-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

@sparky I’m also on a 14 inch lift on 40’s so that’s makes working on the top side that much more of a pain, but atleast working from the bottom is easier. Lol
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #63 of 116 Old 10-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Garage
Use a punch on those tight bolts to jar them a little before trying to loosen them, the threads will 'stick' in the aluminum with time. Be sure to choose a punch that either will fit into the head of the screw or one that completely covers the head ...dont want to damage the head of the screw here.

Need to be 'square' to the screw head and give a 'sharp' whack with a small hammer ...the point is to jar the threads ...not do any damage.

This method will usually make tight screws back out easily, ...dont forget a little penetrating oil. Free All, or PB Blaster ...WD40 will not do as good.

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 116 Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Use a punch on those tight bolts to jar them a little before trying to loosen them, the threads will 'stick' in the aluminum with time. Be sure to choose a punch that either will fit into the head of the screw or one that completely covers the head ...dont want to damage the head of the screw here.

Need to be 'square' to the screw head and give a 'sharp' whack with a small hammer ...the point is to jar the threads ...not do any damage.

This method will usually make tight screws back out easily, ...dont forget a little penetrating oil. Free All, or PB Blaster ...WD40 will not do as good.
Thanks. I got some pb blaster. Going to soak then now.
post #65 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsgripworks View Post
Done deal. Friday is d day. Thanks for all your help and patience. I will report Saturday once I get to Miami. If you are ever in my neck of the woods (Sebring,Florida) lunch and beers are on me. Thanks again brother.
Lol, that G8tor's country, I'm in Ohio.
The Rotella elc available is concentrate nitrate free or elc normal. Which one do I take? Thanks
post #66 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,010 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 2402 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you are asking if it needs to be diluted before you pour it in than the answer is no. Once you are finished flushing, haved drained the system down completely and ready for the final fill, you can pour the coolant straight into the degas bottle. I usually pour in a gallon of coolant, a gallon of distilled water, then two gallons of coolant and top it off with distilled. In Florida you really do not need a full 50-50 mix. The system holds about 7 gallons, so if you want to be strict with the 50-50 mix, use 3.5 gallons of ELC. You do not need to follow the routine I use, the water and coolant will be mixed up soon enough. That's just the way I like to do it.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #67 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
If you are asking if it needs to be diluted before you pour it in than the answer is no. Once you are finished flushing, haved drained the system down completely and ready for the final fill, you can pour the coolant straight into the degas bottle. I usually pour in a gallon of coolant, a gallon of distilled water, then two gallons of coolant and top it off with distilled. In Florida you really do not need a full 50-50 mix. The system holds about 7 gallons, so if you want to be strict with the 50-50 mix, use 3.5 gallons of ELC. You do not need to follow the routine I use, the water and coolant will be mixed up soon enough. That's just the way I like to do it.
I wanted to know which of the two Rotella elc concentrates I get. They have a nitrate free one and one that has nitrates. Which one?
post #68 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,010 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 2402 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This one.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...l?cm_vc=-10005

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #69 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
Awesome. Thanks. That is the one I ordered.
post #70 of 116 Old 10-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
I am in the process of finding a 6.0 to buy. I have been reading TONS of threads to better acquaint myself with the common problems on these trucks. I am going to tack on an additional thank you to the great members of this forum. I'm also a member of "TheSamba.com" for everything old and Aircooled. Same level of camaraderie and knowledge that really helps keeps cars on the road.

Thanks guys and best of luck with your trip, @Dsgripworks ! Happy trails.
Tobydog007 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode