LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-31-2017, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 760GONZO Send a message via MSN to 760GONZO
New glow plugs and PO672 code comes back

I have a stock 2005 F250 6.0 Super duty and recently had the check engine light come on, after plugging my scanner in I saw code PO672 so I replaced all the glow plugs on the drivers side (#'s 2,4,6,8) along with the harness since I could not remove it without damaging it. After replacing the glow plugs and harness I cleared the code thinking problem fixed but almost immediately the check engine light came back on. I've checked the connections on the harness and the plugs on the glow plug controller but this code keeps coming back. My registration is due today and I need to smog my truck this year and it will not pass with this light on and to top it off after checking the monitors prior to do the smog check on my scanner the EGR is not resetting or being recognized as being on the truck is that makes sense. I took the EGR valve out and cleaned it to see it that will help but after just driving my truck this morning to work the EGR has not completed the cycle and not sure if it will. My smog guy said it possible that the code with the glow plugs is stopping the EGR from cycling completely. I'm not mechanic by any means but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and work on my own truck but I am not having much luck with this issue so if anyone has had this issue or has some advise it would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm gonna eyeball this thread. I just had #1,3,5,7 glow plugs replaced and harness and I have my light on again for #5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode