9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedurtylongbed View Post
ive seen that as well!! that's probably more up my alley. I have 5 kidos so money is always a lil tight lol.

I feel ya brother! Same here. I love my truck, but with a baby on the way, I gotta hold off on spending the cash. 3 k is a pretty big chunk o change! I'll see if I can post up a pic of the setup on my phoneplz be easy on me i am a rookie-image1463019033.808894.jpgplz be easy on me i am a rookie-image1463019045.387430.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtown6.0 View Post
I feel ya brother! Same here. I love my truck, but with a baby on the way, I gotta hold off on spending the cash. 3 k is a pretty big chunk o change! I'll see if I can post up a pic of the setup on my phoneAttachment 536001Attachment 536009

Top is android with torque app and bottom is iPhone using OBD app
post #13 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Well just reading this I would say you have 1 of 2 problems… Either your degas bottle cap is junk or your head gaskets let go. You need to pressure test the cooling system while driving it to see what the system reaches for pressure. EGR coolers don't usually blow coolant out the degas bottle, most of the time when they rupture it burns the coolant and thus you get white smoke out the tailpipe. You should get a monitor to see what kind of condition your oil cooler is in and go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Nice! If you don't want to drop about 3-500 on the monitor, you can use a wifi obd2 plug in and use either android or iPhone to monitor the temps. I use it on mine and it's pretty cool for 15 bucks plus 3 for the app... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait so do you mine explaining that more cause I think I want to buy the monitor deal you are talking about what exactly am I buying? This is for an iPhone 6 Is the app called obd fusion? And what else do I buy? Plus how reliable would you say it all is?
post #15 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggededge93 View Post
Wait so do you mine explaining that more cause I think I want to buy the monitor deal you are talking about what exactly am I buying? This is for an iPhone 6 Is the app called obd fusion? And what else do I buy? Plus how reliable would you say it all is?

Go on eBay and search obd2 wifi. It's orange with a bit of blue and black. Once u get that, the get OBD fusion for iPhone or torque for android os. Before you pair both devices, make sure you have the wifi icon ON on the iPhone or device. Then plug in OBD sensor to truck. Look at your wifi settings on iPhone and look for one called CLK DEVICE or something to that effect. Make sure it pairs to your phone. Now launch OBD fusion and a notification is gonna come on screen saying that it's connecting. Explore the app and download preset PIDs specifically for ford. I think it's under settings. I'll supply you with pics, but the guages I have on the pics I posted are the main ones you wanna look at. The styling is pretty cool also. You just have to spend some time on itplz be easy on me i am a rookie-image1463022839.787411.jpgplz be easy on me i am a rookie-image1463022851.842523.jpg
post #16 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggededge93 View Post

It's been pretty reliable for me. I've been using it for a few months. The only issue I had was the trans temp was a tad high, but that's because the formula the app uses to find it, was wrong. I got ahold of the company that made app, and they cleared it right up and gave me the correct formula. If you have any other ??? Let me know bro, I'll try to be as helpful as possible
post #17 of 17 Old 05-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
It's been pretty reliable for me. I've been using it for a few months. The only issue I had was the trans temp was a tad high, but that's because the formula the app uses to find it, was wrong. I got ahold of the company that made app, and they cleared it right up and gave me the correct formula. If you have any other ??? Let me know bro, I'll try to be as helpful as possible
Yea I'll just message you so I don't clog up his post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode