New proposed gun laws for Oregon - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
2nd Amendment Discuss the politics of the 2nd.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-13-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New proposed gun laws for Oregon

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...on/2527929002/

Basically, I'm pissed.

If this passes:

- only allowed to purchase 20 rounds of ammo per 30 days
- only allowed to buy one hand gun and one rifle per 30 days
- magazines of more than 5 rounds will no longer be sold and current owners of magazines larger than 5 rounds are required to turn them all into the police station to be disposed of.
- guns must now all be locked up with either a trigger lock or a gun safe (i agree with this)
- must me 21 to purchase ANY gun. Before, 18-20 could purchase a rifle (i agree somewhat. Hunting rifles and shots guns should be fine, ar-15, AR-10, etc., probably not)
- Oregon will require each purchaser of new guns to take a safety class each time they want to purchase a new gun, fees for said class was not disclosed
- the Sheriff now makes the decision if he wants or thinks you are able to own a gun responsibly. This is in addition to the feds. If he even senses you are a harm to yourself or others, even if you have no history of it, he can deny you.
- AR-15, AK-47, etc., will all now be classified as assault rifles......anything that has the possibility of more than 5 rounds in a magazine.

This is BS. If this passes, I think it's time to move to another state. Seriously, 20 rounds per 30 days? WTF?! Give up all my magazines I legally paid for and have?

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow, that makes commiefornia look like an NRA haven

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #3 of 17 Old 03-13-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ya, no s#$t right? If it passes, Oregon will become the state with the strictest gun laws.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!

Last edited by -Falcon-; 03-13-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-13-2019, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dont fret, anything Oregon gets away with will be duplicated and expanded by commiefornia so you won't be alone for long
Does Idaho use government liquor stores?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #5 of 17 Old 03-13-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Don't know. I don't live in Idaho or drink.

They are having a anti-gun protest march i guess downtown on the 22nd. The gun shops around town have been handing out pamphlets trying to get everyone to go.

On one hand, I want to go and fight for my rights (not that protesting really does anything), and on the other hand I'm scared too. Protests can get out of hand fast with two opposing factions.

My nephew asked me if he could take one of his guns with him. I told him that would NOT be a good idea. He might get shot by one of those anti-gun protestors.

UPGRADES:

post #6 of 17 Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Brother, I'm really sorry to hear that Oregon is trying to pass such draconian gun laws. I'm praying that such a bill doesn't pass. I'm neither a republican nor a democrat. I'm an American who believes that laws passed in this nation should not impede on the Constitution. I'm a staunch supporter of the 2A and I opposed anyone trying to strip those right away.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
come to Illinois if you think you've got it bad, its currently the strictest state on gun. But Chicago is still the deadliest city in the US? how does that work?

Illinois’ Democratic lawmakers recently filed three separate gun control bills, including SB 107 in the Illinois state senate, which implements a ban on firearms designated “assault weapons,” Patch reported Friday.
The bill lays out several criteria for the “assault weapon” designation, including pistol grips, movable stocks, barrel shroud, and muzzle brake on rifles, handguns and shotguns.
The bill also applies the “assault weapon” designation to rifles and handguns with magazines holding more than 10 rounds, and shotguns holding more than five rounds.

This bill WILL get approved here, if you don't register said "assault weapon" as above, and they find out, its a federal offense-prison time-hefty fine OH and you'll lose all guns and your right to purchase any again.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Blow me to Bermuda!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Garage
That's bull****.

Justin

2016 F250 6.7 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 2006 F350 6.0 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 1986 F250 6.9 IDI Lariat ECLB -|- 2008 F250 6.4 XLT CCSB (sold!)
post #9 of 17 Old 03-14-2019, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
come to Illinois if you think you've got it bad, its currently the strictest state on gun. But Chicago is still the deadliest city in the US? how does that work?

Illinois’ Democratic lawmakers recently filed three separate gun control bills, including SB 107 in the Illinois state senate, which implements a ban on firearms designated “assault weapons,” Patch reported Friday.
The bill lays out several criteria for the “assault weapon” designation, including pistol grips, movable stocks, barrel shroud, and muzzle brake on rifles, handguns and shotguns.
The bill also applies the “assault weapon” designation to rifles and handguns with magazines holding more than 10 rounds, and shotguns holding more than five rounds.

This bill WILL get approved here, if you don't register said "assault weapon" as above, and they find out, its a federal offense-prison time-hefty fine OH and you'll lose all guns and your right to purchase any again.
I actually cringed when the new governor won. I knew that any progress we had made concerning the 2a would be taken away.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-22-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Order before the laws go into affect

https://mailchi.mp/targetsportsusa/w...7?e=7b14e0e13b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode