New proposed gun laws for Oregon - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
2nd Amendment Discuss the politics of the 2nd.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think things are going to get worse for gun ownership. Especially after New Zealand is forcing its citizens to turn in their guns.

I'm not giving mine up, no way. I obtained them legally, saved up for them, paid for them, took the classes, and enjoy target shooting with them. I'm a responsible gun owner and deserve to obtain, own, and defend myself with them, if that is ever in need.

It is bull**** that because of the actions of the 0.001% of the people who choose to misuse their guns, whether they obtained them legally or illegally, the powers to be decide that only military and law enforcement can have them. Hell, there's even been shootings by the law enforcement and military personnel that has gone insane while holding their guns.

Wake up people!!! It is not the guns that kill people! If you want to stop this gun violence, you need to approach it from a different angle. More in depth background checks of these people trying to obtain them when they should not. Harsher penalties when they are in posession of them. These people will still get these weapons even if they are outlawed. Why? Think about it, if they are distressed enough about their life and don't care about others and decide to go on a shooting rampage, do you really think they care about the laws that restrict ownership and posession of the guns?

These type of people will always be able to get their hands on a gun even if they are banned. Even if they can't, they'll rent a U-Haul truck and plow it into a crowd. These people are mentally ill and they are the problem, not the guns. This country needs better mental health care. More research into medicine to combat the illness. More programs and therapy techniques to help. This is how to help stop the gun violence.

Taking the guns from responsible owners, will just create more violence. If this country does what New Zealand is doing right now, I could see this country in a new civil war.
Got Dirt? and Jake6.0 like this.

2007 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4. Lots of upgrades, but not enough. It's tall, too tall. Yes, I'm obviously compensating for something.

UPGRADES:
EGR Delete, RedHead Steering Gear, Blue Spring Upgrade, ARP Studs, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Coolant Filter, (Let's not mention this manufacturers name) Blue Intercooler Pipe and Elbow Upgrade, Cold Air Intake, One-Up Offroad Traction Bars, XD Wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37" Tires, LED Lights all around, 2013 Tailgate, 2008+ Power Mirrors, Pro-Comp XXX Dual Front Coilover Suspension, Custom Bedliner Sprayed Rocker Panels and Fender Flares, Amerihood Tpe E-Style Ram Air/Heat Extraction Hood, CompuStar Alarm with Remote Windows, Remote Start, and much more!
More upgrades to come, including Singer Alternator, and other engine upgrades.

NEW Custom Bumpers with Tire Carrier! Dual Winches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 03-22-2019, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Evil can not be regulated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Got Dirt? and Jake6.0 like this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #13 of 15 Old 03-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Garage
".............shall not be infringed......" Sounds like Infringement to me. We have to fight and resist else they'll walk all over us......

Jake6.0 likes this.

"Life is a Garden - Dig It!!!" ~ Joe Dirt
"Rub Some Dirt On It!!!"
"God Made Dirt, Dirt Don't Hurt!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Super Duty F-250 Lariat CCSB: Edge CTS Insight - BPD FICM - Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter - ProComp 20" wheels - Toyo M/T 35's - ReadyLift w/ Bilstein 5100's - 4" MagnaFlow Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 03-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post
I think things are going to get worse for gun ownership. Especially after New Zealand is forcing its citizens to turn in their guns.

I'm not giving mine up, no way. I obtained them legally, saved up for them, paid for them, took the classes, and enjoy target shooting with them. I'm a responsible gun owner and deserve to obtain, own, and defend myself with them, if that is ever in need.

It is bull**** that because of the actions of the 0.001% of the people who choose to misuse their guns, whether they obtained them legally or illegally, the powers to be decide that only military and law enforcement can have them. Hell, there's even been shootings by the law enforcement and military personnel that has gone insane while holding their guns.

Wake up people!!! It is not the guns that kill people! If you want to stop this gun violence, you need to approach it from a different angle. More in depth background checks of these people trying to obtain them when they should not. Harsher penalties when they are in posession of them. These people will still get these weapons even if they are outlawed. Why? Think about it, if they are distressed enough about their life and don't care about others and decide to go on a shooting rampage, do you really think they care about the laws that restrict ownership and posession of the guns?

These type of people will always be able to get their hands on a gun even if they are banned. Even if they can't, they'll rent a U-Haul truck and plow it into a crowd. These people are mentally ill and they are the problem, not the guns. This country needs better mental health care. More research into medicine to combat the illness. More programs and therapy techniques to help. This is how to help stop the gun violence.

Taking the guns from responsible owners, will just create more violence. If this country does what New Zealand is doing right now, I could see this country in a new civil war.

"Life is a Garden - Dig It!!!" ~ Joe Dirt
"Rub Some Dirt On It!!!"
"God Made Dirt, Dirt Don't Hurt!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Super Duty F-250 Lariat CCSB: Edge CTS Insight - BPD FICM - Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter - ProComp 20" wheels - Toyo M/T 35's - ReadyLift w/ Bilstein 5100's - 4" MagnaFlow Exhaust
post #15 of 15 Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Falcon- View Post

On one hand, I want to go and fight for my rights (not that protesting really does anything), and on the other hand I'm scared too. Protests can get out of hand fast with two opposing factions.
That is exactly what they want. They want you to be afraid to raise your voice. They want to oppress you. That BS bill came from a bunch of liberal Oswego kids that think they know something. You need to go fight it. If not for your state, for the next one that thinks of doing this.

2015 Oil Burner
CCLB Lariat Ultimate, 10k, Plow Package.
Mods have begun: 2wd Valance, Bully Dog GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode