6 year old steers truck to safety - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 05:26 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
6 year old steers truck to safety

Neb. boy, 6, takes wheel after dad passes out - Yahoo! News

Short story,

His dad had an episode from blood sugar problem. His dad passed out while driving. His 6 year old son jumped into the lap of his father. To steer the truck safely. Until a police officer seen the slow moving truck and reacted. By running up and throwing the gear shifter into park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats a cool story!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:41 AM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
Thats a great story. Very good little boy too. Impressive for him to react that way when he got scared.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
Thats a cool story!
You know we usually here about kids doing wrong. But this is just a great story about how a young boy reacted in the correct way.

I see no reason why my son or daughter if I had one. Can not know how to operate the vehicle. Never know when they may need to know this stuff.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was already driving farm tractors at that age.

I came upon an incident on I-185 in GA like that recently, a group of cars stopped on both sides of the road and one in the center, I thought it was a minor accident.(Heavy rain had just went through.) As I passed the car I noticed none of them appeared to have any damamged and then noticed the driver slumped behind the wheel. I pulled past the car and ran back to the car, there I learned the driver had struck the guard rail and stopped in the middle of the road unconcious, the problem was, she was passed out but the car was in gear and running and the doors were locked. I ran back to my truck to grab wheel chocks and my slim-jim, as I got back to the car a wrecker pulled up and I yelled for him to bring his lock pick kit to get the car opened, we got the door open in about 30 seconds and I got in, shut off the car and opened the driver's door so the 2 off duty paramedics could get to the driver.

It could have been worse if the driver had passed out in a different area.............
Old 05-24-2009, 08:36 AM
duct tape & zip ties

diabettes is a very serious illness. Once you have it under controlled and maintained you are for the most part ok.

I have been on several runs with the FD when I was on it. Car accidents with people suffering diabettic shock.

I had an incident a while back. I was going down M-50 coming out of Dundee Mi. This lady was in front of me swerving all over the place. It was the middle of the afternoon. This lady almost hit a semi head on. I called 911 and stayed on the phone with 911 following the vehicle. Eventually the police came up behind me I pulled over and the officer attempted to stop the car. Finally got the car to stop. The officer had to pull in front of the vehicle. I stayed behind her, and we slowed the car to a stop. Then the ambulance showed up and took the lady away.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
what a brave little kid, great story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.