SERIOUS OFF THE WALL QUESTION! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SERIOUS OFF THE WALL QUESTION!

Ok..... so I have a serious question... Now before I ask, I want to make it clear, I am not looking for a pitty party, for someone to feel sorry for me (anything of the sort) I just really wanna know if I am going about this in the right way or if I should suck it up as a loss.... Most of you are guys and I really need a guys point of view... Anywhoooo, here it goes....
I have never met my real dad. I have been trying to meet him since I was 18, I am now 26. I have talked to him a few times (about seven years ago) but then I lost track of him and bla bla bla. Well, after hours and hours of searching I found him again. I also found his daughter (my sister?). Her and I messaged back and forth and she clearly doesn't want anything to do with me because she believes that she is her father's only daughter.... I know that he owns his own business and today I finally found it. I went there and he wasn't there. I don't want anything from this man, except to know what he looks like. I just want to meet him. That's it... It's obvious his family along with himself don't want anything to do with me, but I feel I have the right to at least meet them... IS THIS WRONG? I NEED SERIOUS ANSWERS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
I WOULD STILL TRY TO MEET HIM.. I MEAN IT IS FLESH AND BLOOD RIGHT?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't know nuttin....

i wouldn't do it. My sister is adopted and she went through this too and it was decided it was not going to benifit anyone or anything.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Conservative and Proud

Is there a way for you to send a note to his work just to him.... ask for a chance to have coffee??? and then leave the ball in his court? Whatever you do though, don't push!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to helsel_182 Send a message via Skype™ to helsel_182
SOUNDS FAIR TO ME. HE SHOULD STOP BEING A ***** AND TALK TO YOU..
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM

When I was 19 he called me out of the blue and said he wanted to meet up but then never showed up. I left it alone for a little while, but curiosity is getting the better of me... I just want to know what he looks like... Seriously... If I can't have anything else from him then I just want to see his face... I think that makes sense...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
Is there a way for you to send a note to his work just to him.... ask for a chance to have coffee??? and then leave the ball in his court? Whatever you do though, don't push!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

I agree with banshee 34 I dont think you are going about it wrong. I would try to set up some sort of meeting, but I would go ahead and clearify before anything that you are not looking for anything, you just want to see him. It might help. Good Luck
Old 12-29-2008, 01:31 PM

Thanks.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred_stroker View Post
I agree with banshee 34 I dont think you are going about it wrong. I would try to set up some sort of meeting, but I would go ahead and clearify before anything that you are not looking for anything, you just want to see him. It might help. Good Luck
Old 12-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My fiance has never met her dad either. She says, "If he wanted to meet me, he would have already." I kind of agree with her but it's up to you
Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd
he sounds like a loser to me and you're better off not even knowing him. Anyone who abandons a child is a piece of **** in my book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.