Does your wife/gf help you wrench? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does your wife/gf help you wrench?

I've been with my gf for about two years now. She's 20 and I'm 25. She is amazing in about every way imaginable.

Anyways, fitting for this site, she also loves to help me work on things. Anything for that matter. It's not like she knew much before we met, but anything I start on, she always wants to help and get involved. Whether it's my truck, motorcycle, toy hauler, etc. She has helped me install virtually everything, including spending about 8-10 hours in 50ish degree weather helping me install my lift kit (it was my first time, took a while ) Everything from handing me tools, to "here you took a break and I'll work on it, just show me what to do," or, "you do that side and I'll do this side."

Here's a few pics of her wrenching on the truck, toy hauler, and my old motorcycle.

Also, I had no idea she knew how to sew. I had a sewing machine my parents bought me a few years earlier since I needed to sew some things.

I get home from work, and she made me this kick a$$ dog hammock for the back seat of my truck! Fits perfectly and keeps my chocolate labs claws from messing up the leather!! I was amazed she could sew, let alone make something for me, my dog, and the truck
Attached Thumbnails
Does your wife/gf help you wrench?-sav-wrenching.jpg   Does your wife/gf help you wrench?-dog-hammock.jpg  
"Stroker 8" and TwinTurbo6.4 like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 AM

Right on sound like you might have a keeper. Ask her how much she wants to make another dog hammock....
Old 02-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
I've been with my gf for about two years now. She's 20 and I'm 25. She is amazing in about every way imaginable.

Anyways, fitting for this site, she also loves to help me work on things. Anything for that matter. It's not like she knew much before we met, but anything I start on, she always wants to help and get involved. Whether it's my truck, motorcycle, toy hauler, etc. She has helped me install virtually everything, including spending about 8-10 hours in 50ish degree weather helping me install my lift kit (it was my first time, took a while ) Everything from handing me tools, to "here you took a break and I'll work on it, just show me what to do," or, "you do that side and I'll do this side."

Here's a few pics of her wrenching on the truck, toy hauler, and my old motorcycle.

Also, I had no idea she knew how to sew. I had a sewing machine my parents bought me a few years earlier since I needed to sew some things.

I get home from work, and she made me this kick a$$ dog hammock for the back seat of my truck! Fits perfectly and keeps my chocolate labs claws from messing up the leather!! I was amazed she could sew, let alone make something for me, my dog, and the truck
Don't look now but I think you have a keeper! If you two live in your toy hauler full time and get along as good as you seem to do, which I'm happy for you, then hold onto her like grimm death! The good ones are getting harder to find and she sounds like a Good One!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Right on sound like you might have a keeper. Ask her how much she wants to make another dog hammock....
I'd have to ask her. It takes her about 3 hours, so probably around $50+actual shipping and material costs. I think material is 40-50 and shipping probably around 20. It's made specifically for the truck, and she can make them for any vehicle, all she needs is a few measurements. She made one for my brothers jeep and my sister in laws navigator. The straps go around each headrest. The main hammock has a soft fabric on the top (any color or pattern could be used) then underneath she sewed a piece of really thick almost burlap type fabric so it doesn't tear. She also washes it prior to sewing so she knows how much it will shrink.

Maybe I should start a thread somewhere if people would be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Don't look now but I think you have a keeper! If you two live in your toy hauler full time and get along as good as you seem to do, which I'm happy for you, then hold onto her like grimm death! The good ones are getting harder to find and she sounds like a Good One!
Thanks man! You are right, good ones are few and far between it seems!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:42 PM

Yep! Mine does

2005 F350 CCLB FX4
Attached Thumbnails
Does your wife/gf help you wrench?-1392504175870.jpg  
TwinTurbo6.4 likes this.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You definitely have a keeper there! I have kept my "little mechanics helper' for some 33+ years now, and any girl willing to clean and pack wheel bearings is definitely worth doing anything necessary to hold on to!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 PM

My little one actually helps too

2005 F350 CCLB FX4
Attached Thumbnails
Does your wife/gf help you wrench?-1392529519758.jpg  
TwinTurbo6.4 likes this.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i dont have any pics but i had mine helping me swap out my thermostat last month she likes to help i just generally dont like her to help haha i dont like to slow down.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:53 PM

very cool that she wants to do that kind of stuff...

my wife wanted to when we first got together and we both quickly realized that it wasn't her calling. I'm glad to have alone time when working on stuff.

It's great to have common interests, and it's great to have alone time.

It's really neat to have a girl who's actually into mechanical stuff like that
Old 03-21-2014, 10:07 AM

my fiancée likes to learn about how things work and all that stuff, she has been a huge help on some of the work ive had to do on my truck....and she makes sure I have a beer within reach most times....so that's why I tied her down, ive found out not many girls a) understand the truck love b) wanna help or be involved!

but congrats she is a keeper for sure!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.