Dont Let Them Drive Your Truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Dont Let Them Drive Your Truck!

Anyone have any stories about why your wife/ gf/ child isn't allowed to drive your truck anymore?

I let my gf drive it 3 times
First time she put it into the ditch trying to pull onto the hwy thinking it was an exit to the parking lot. Lasted a good 15 seconds behind the wheel.
Second time she drove off into a ditch on a gravel road. I honesty have no idea how that happened.
Third and final time on the same gravel road she decided to turn around in the woods and run the truck up against a 3 ft wide tree and managed to pin the drivers side door shut. I heard the bang and the scrapping sounds. I yelled WTF was that!?!?!? Her reply... "its just a bush"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Premium Member

She flipped her Jeep on a flat road..thats good enough reason for me to just not let her in the drivers seat.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's a stick and she doesn't know how.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Its equally heart breaking when you and your wife go truck shopping and you pick out a nice F250 to pull your camper and haul wood and she says "I've had bigger". haha

She delivered grain and seed with a medium duty truck/trailer when she lived at home years ago so its nice to be able to swap seats with her on long trips without the stress of death and/or serious financial ruin.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't worry about truck damage as much as having to clean her trash/junk out of the cab
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM

whenever i let my gf drive the turck it usually ends with a few stories such as this guy was being a total a hole so i smoked him out, or i accidently peeled out
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordPowerSmoke View Post
Anyone have any stories about why your wife/ gf/ child isn't allowed to drive your truck anymore?

I let my gf drive it 3 times
First time she put it into the ditch trying to pull onto the hwy thinking it was an exit to the parking lot. Lasted a good 15 seconds behind the wheel.
Second time she drove off into a ditch on a gravel road. I honesty have no idea how that happened.
Third and final time on the same gravel road she decided to turn around in the woods and run the truck up against a 3 ft wide tree and managed to pin the drivers side door shut. I heard the bang and the scrapping sounds. I yelled WTF was that!?!?!? Her reply... "its just a bush"
Not only does she not need to drive your truck, she needs to be removed from the road for everyone else's safety
My wife hates to drive my truck, so I never have to worry about it.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 PM

After my Dad died I got this 98 Dodge 1500. It had all of like 23k miles on it. To me it was brand new. The very FIRST time my wife took the truck to Wal-Mart,she was at a complete stop waiting at a stop sign and a drunk didn't make the turn and hit her head on. She was fine and so was the drunk. Dads truck not so much. When she called me at work to tell me of the wreck she was crying so hard I thought for sure someone got hurt or worse.
Now she refuses to drive my 2005 truck.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

I'd rather be hit head on by a drunk while sitting in my F250 than in my little commuter honda civic.... especially if the drunk driver is driving an F250 lol
Heavy_GD likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM

iv let one of my exs drive my truck once. after i smelt the clutch burning. i told her get out and she never did drive it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.