Latest significant others complaint about "the truck" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Latest significant others complaint about "the truck"

Hey guys if your on this site im sure its because you have convinced yourself that your truck is your one true love that being said 90% of the time the "better" half typically doesnt feel the same way (weird right?). Just thought id see how your "other" deals with your affair and what are the complaints you guys hear from your significant others about your truck.

Ill start i did a clutch kill switch mod the other day and now the clutch makes a loud clicking sound when i push it and i cant figure it out and my girlfriend proceeded to state that when i do something to the truck i always break something else, which is true

I also hear "*sigh* what are you doing to the truck NOW?"

Last edited by Rammstein1224; 02-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Latest significant others complaint about "the truck"

Oh wow this is such a perfect thread. I hear about it everyday, get off that stupid forum, no your not getting new rims yours are just fine, and of course uugghhh how long that gonna take you. I tell her about an hour and she spouts back, so three! Hahaha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
i usually get the typical "when will you get rid of that POS truck and get something more useful like a prius or a civic" lol you'll have to forgive her she's ignorant and doesn't know much about the automotive world or what a hobby is X-D
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
i usually get the typical "when will you get rid of that POS truck and get something more useful like a prius or a civic" lol you'll have to forgive her she's ignorant and doesn't know much about the automotive world or what a hobby is X-D
id love to see the prius pull a 35 ft camper useful my ***
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How bout this one...."What are you getting that for? So you can sell it for half the price you bought it for in 6 months cause you don't like it anymore?" They just don't get it. lol
Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 AM

Talking

Not to be gay but omg this is now my favorite thread to date !!! I bought this diesel excursion because I love them and with only 2 kids I didnt really need all this room but I am compinsating I think !! Haha I very seldomly haul anything but I had the V10 version and it was a huge pos so I bought the 6.0 !! Every time I want to do something to my truck (chip , exhaust, cold air intake ) thats all I hear is you dont need that or thats stupid or its already too loud !! We make plenty of $$ but try being married to an accountant !! That's all they do is worry about $ and find reasons not to spend it !!!!! So glad to hear I am not the only one having to get scoulded like a 4 year old from the woman I love !! We have been married 13 yrs. u think she would b use to it by now! !!!!!

Last edited by jaysshortbus; 02-08-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
My wife loves the truck when she drives it. She hates it every other moment of her life.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Y'all have no idea! My wife is the CFO over our small business and my life pretty much. Believe it or not this was my decision many years ago. I make the money, she manages it. So when I buy something more than I have in my pocket she takes care of it.

I think something has gone terribly wrong in our marriage. As I recently purchased a new PS she was on board. $20k in upgrades in the last 2 months and no end in sight with more to come and all she says each time is "can I do that to my new Expedition when I get it?" As good as this sounds, something tells me this won’t end well. LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My wife doesn't say too much just normally asks "what did you buy now" when a package shows up at the house. Then she asks what it is needed for. Usually she is ok with it. She likes modified trucks so thats a plus.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.34ever View Post
How bout this one...."What are you getting that for? So you can sell it for half the price you bought it for in 6 months cause you don't like it anymore?" They just don't get it. lol
I know right they dont understand man-math

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonreinig View Post
Not to be gay but omg this is now my favorite thread to date !!! I bought this diesel excursion because I love them and with only 2 kids I didnt really need all this room but I am compinsating I think !! Haha I very seldomly haul anything but I had the V10 version and it was a huge pos so I bought the 6.0 !! Every time I want to do something to my truck (chip , exhaust, cold air intake ) thats all I hear is you dont need that or thats stupid or its already too loud !! We make plenty of $$ but try being married to an accountant !! That's all they do is worry about $ and find reasons not to spend it !!!!! So glad to hear I am not the only one having to get scoulded like a 4 year old from the woman I love !! We have been married 13 yrs. u think she would b use to it by now! !!!!!
Oh trust me i get the "over compensating" thing everywhere but its really not its just my dream vehicle, everyone has theirs but yea i know that 4 year old feeling they give you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
My wife loves the truck when she drives it. She hates it every other moment of her life.
I let my 5'3" 110lb gf drive my truck and although she didnt get out of 2nd gear the look of power in her face was priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen3521 View Post
My wife doesn't say too much just normally asks "what did you buy now" when a package shows up at the house. Then she asks what it is needed for. Usually she is ok with it. She likes modified trucks so thats a plus.
Yea we all ***** about them but we all know they arent that bad if they are letting us get on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.