wedding picture dilemma - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wives/ Girlfriends/ Kids Forum For all the people that put up with the addiction to get addicted themselves!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wedding picture dilemma

Im getting married December 1st, so obviously stuff is getting talked about more and more and I cant always get out in time.
My fiance wants to have a picture that includes; mother, father,sister and herself. He parents have been devorced since '98 and dont speak to eachother. Her mother is remarried and her father has a GF.
The dilemma is her mother said whatever ill do what you want. He father had the balls to tell her that he didnt want to do it. He justified it with were not a family anymore and havent been for almost 15 years. I sided with her father which has kinda got me in the dog house.

Is it just me and him that feel this is an inapropirate picture? Or are the two of us reasonable with not wanting this picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
My "sperm donor" left the picture when I was 11. If he would have shown up at my wedding there is no way in hell I would have wanted him in a picture. My family picture at my wedding is my Mom, Step Dad(who has been real dad), little bro, and little sis.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Both of her parents are in her life and always have been. Her parents got devorced because they dont get along. I just dont see a point on forcing them to be in a photo together.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
No reason to IMHO.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Take a few photos with dad, then a few with mom. Problem solved. Memories made without a fuss.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^Agree....
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter View Post
Take a few photos with dad, then a few with mom. Problem solved. Memories made without a fuss.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?
Thats what I told her to do but she wants a "family" photo when there not a family anymore. Glad to know that other people agree with me. She thinks her dad and I are the only people that think like this.

Sent from my ADR6325 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There just pictures. I don't see why women throw such fits about them.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

I understand your fiance's side of it. Regardless of where they are in their lives, they are still her parents. And the wedding is HER day. I get all of that.

The issue is, even though they are her parents, they have the right to decide for themselves what happens. If her father is not comfortable with Plan A (Family pic) then Plan B (as above, separate parental photos) should be looked at. The last thing I believe she would want is for her parents to start going off on each other on HER day. HER wedding day should be full of pleasant memories, not ones that would taint the excitement of marrying you.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just went through this as well, parents divorced because they married young, mom cheated on dad, denied it, blah blah. Anyways, both are remarried, no kids from new marriages, dont talk or anything, but are cordial at family events when both sides are there etc.

Wedding day IS your soon to be wife's day, no one elses. Sorry to say, you have d*ck to say, just do what she wants. Trust me on this, been married just over 30 days, and I wouldn't have tried to go against anything she wanted because it would end like yours sounds to have.

If the dad wants to be an A** about it, then let her deal with it, and tell her you support her decision and will help in every way to make it happen. Thats what I did and her parents took the pictures together, just on opposite sides of her and I, etc.

Worked out fine and she was happy. Sounds like this guy is a DB anyways, its HER day, not his.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.